An effective Christian Education ministry helps believers grow into Christ-likeness. You will find resources on this page to help you do that through various kinds of programs and strategies.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources related to Christian Education in general or specific related ministry programs.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Christian Education ministry resources.
- Article: Best Approach for Your Church's Christian Education Program?
- Article: Christian Education Ministry Overview
- Article: Christian Education: Building or Built?
- Article: Christian Education: Building Programs or People?
- Article: Christian Education Commission
- Article: Christian Education Ministry at Various Levels
- Article: Christian Education Philosophy
- Article: Christian Education Ministry Staffing
- Article: Factor in Budget, Curriculum, Facilities, Master Calendar, Policies
- Article: Groupings in Christian Education Ministry
- Article: Models for Christian Education Ministry
- Article: Programs/Strategies in Christian Education Ministry
- Article: Questions for Christian Educators
- Book: Christian Education Ministry Manual by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Book: Christian Education: Seeking to Become Like Jesus Christ by Lawrence O. Richards
- Book: Education That Is Christian by Lois LeBar
- Book: Foundations of Ministry An Introduction to Christian Education Michael Anthony
- Book: Introducing Christian Education: Foundations for the Twenty-first Century Ed. by Michael Anthony
- Book: Management Essentials for Christian Ministries edited by Michael J. Anthony & James Estep, Jr.
- Book: The Nuts and Bolts of Christian Education by Delia Halverson
- Resource: Christian Education Files - resources include classroom & curriculum evaluation, a ministry description template, policy & safety guidelines, teacher support & evaluation, and teacher training helps
- Training Resource: Christian Education Leadership Team Training Session (Download)
- Article: Choosing Curriculum
- Article: The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
- Curriculum Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Children's Church Curriculum
- DVD Video Curriculum Studies
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Mid-Week Curriculum
- New Members Curriculum
- Sunday School Curriculum
- Vacation Bible School - VBS Curriculum
Bible Study Discussion Groups
- Article: Using Bible Study Discussion Guides
- Book: Now That's a Good Question: How to Lead Quality Bible Discussions by Terry Powell
- Guides: Discussion Guides Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Worksheet: In Facilitating a Discussion, Everyone's Contribution is Valuable Worksheet
Catechism or Confirmation Classes
- Books: Books with Church Distinctives According to Denominations
- Bulletins: Confirmation Bulletins
- Cards: Confirmation - As You Are Confirmed, 6 Premium Cards
- Cards: Confirmation - Stepping Out in Faith, 6 Premium Cards
- Resources: Confirmation Books, Gifts, Journals, Etc.
Christian School or Day Care Program
- Article: Discipleship as a Shepherding Venue
- Article: Whose Responsibility is Discipleship?
- Books & More: General Discipleship Resources
- Training Resources: Teacher's Role in Discipling Students Series
- Article: Church libraries and making disciples
- Article: How to begin or renew a church library
- Article: Policies for your library - developing and revising
- Article: Starting A Church Library
- Resources: Library Cards
- Resources: Library Date Due Slips
- Resources: Library Pockets
- Sources for Books: Christianbook.com - new books at discounted rates
- Sources for Books: Amazon.com and Half.com - new or used books
- Article: Mid-Week Children's Program Teachers Training
- Article: What To Do About a Mid-Week Children's Program
- Curriculum: Mid-Week Curriculum
- Helping Ministry Training (includes benevolence and counseling ministry helps)
- Leadership Ministry Training
- Outreach Ministry Training
- Prayer Ministry Training
- Shepherding Ministry Training
- Teacher Training
- Worship Ministry Training
- Other Ministry Training
- Article: Mission-Centered Christian Education
New Members Class
- Administrative Resource: Membership in the Congregation - Word Document Download by Christianity Today International
- Book: Membership Matters: Insights from Effective Churches on New Member Classes and Assimilation by Charles E. Lawless Jr.
- Cards: Memory Cross Scripture Cards
- Course with Cards: Navigators' Topical Memory System
- More: More Scripture Memory Helps
- Article: Small Groups as a Shepherding Venue
- Article: Small Group Bible Studies Teachers Training
- Book: The Power of Small Groups in Christian Education by Harley Atkinson
- More Books & Small Group Resources
Special Education Program
- Article: How Inclusive Are We?
- Article: Special Needs & Disability Ministry Takes More Than a Program
- Resource: Including Students with Special Challenges Download
- More: Special Needs Books & Resources
- Article: Measuring Effectiveness of Sunday School Ministry
- Article: So, what about Sunday School?
- Article: So, You Were Asked to be the Sunday School Superintendent!
- Article: Sunday School During Summer Months
- More Resources: Sunday School Curriculum, Resources, & Supplies
- In a Teacher Training Rut? - Various Means to Train Bible Teachers
- Online Teacher Training at MinTools.com
- Teacher Training Resources Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Teacher Training Plan Builder at TrainBibleTeachers.com
- Teacher Training Tips
- Train Bible Teachers Blog
Vacation Bible School
- Article: Vacation Bible School Timeline
- Curriculum: Vacation Bible School Curriculum & Theme Supplies
- Resources: VBS Resources (administrative helps, craft & game ideas, follow-up, music, & more)
Need a big picture perspective and biblical principles for coordinating the Christian Education ministry in the church? Order the Christian Education Ministry Manual.
Want to work at getting your Christian Education leadership team on the same page? Order the Christian Education Leadership Team Training.
Looking for some guidelines and resources to administrate the Christian Education ministry of your church? Order the Christian Education Files.
Better yet, order the Christian Education Ministry Bundle which includes all three of these resources.
May God grant you wisdom as you strategize means of promoting spiritual growth. Use these Christian Education Ministry resources but depend on God to bring the growth as you plant and water the seed (1 Cor. 3:6).