What to Look for in Choosing Curriculum
For Sunday School or Any Other Bible Lessons
The following three elements should be present in any kind of curriculum you choose whether that be for Sunday School, Children's Church, a mid-week program, small groups, or any other kind of Bible class:
- Is the curriculum rooted in God's Word and not merely man's ideas?
- Is it balanced in teaching the whole counsel of God, not over-emphasizing certain parts?
Sound Teaching-Learning Process
- Is the curriculum student-oriented?
- Do the lessons promote active learning?
- Does it move beyond head knowledge?
- Is the curriculum age appropriate according to students' abilities?
- Is it age appropriate according to students' interests?
More on Curriculum & Bible Lessons:
- Can't Always Blame Curriculum If Bible Teaching Not Going Well
- Curriculum Development: How to Write Bible Lessons
- The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
- When You Need to Adjust the Curriculum Worksheet
- Curriculum Resources
Directories of Our Affiliate Stores to Help You Find What You Need: