Resources to Minister to People Suffering Loss
Loss can come in many forms and from different sources. Under each of the types of loss listed below you will find resources to minister to people who have experienced these kinds of losses.
Clicking on some of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate bookstores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound, the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing.
- Who Can Help People who are Grieving a Loss
- What People Need in Their Grief
- More Bereavement Resources - books, Internet resources (Look under the 'comforting' tab on that page.)
- Book: Financial CPR: 7 Steps to Avoid a Financial Crisis - book by James L. Paris & J. W. Dick
- Biblical principles regarding bankruptcy
- Job Loss
- Biblical Stewardship Resources
- Ministry to the Homeless
- Book: When You Lose Your Job by Donna Bennett
- Book: When Christians Retire: Finding New Purpose in Life After Work by Dwight Hervey Small
- Book: Lost in the Middle: Midlife and the Grace of God by Paul David Tripp
- Book: Men in Mid-Life Crisis by Jim Conway
- Book: Halftime by Bob Buford
- Book: When the One You Love Wants to Leave: Guidance and Comfort for Surviving Marital Crisis by Donald Harvey
- Conflict Management Resources (Look under the 'skills' tab on that page.)
- More Helps for Marriages (Look under the 'marital status' tab on that page.)
- More Helps for Divorce (Look under the 'marital status' tab on that page.)
In addition to the content in this section, the People Helping Ministry Manual also includes a couple of case studies for you to think through what you would do to help people who have experienced loss.