Promoting Prayer Successfully in the Church Body
If everything suggested in this training is in place, then promotional gimmicks and pleading should not be necessary to get people to join you in prayer.
They will listen.
They will have seen that this is not just a passing fad but a permanent part of your church's life. You will have gotten their attention as they see the power of prayer regularly exhibited among them.
They will put value on it.
They will understand.
They will act in accordance with it.
They will have incorporated this into their own system of beliefs. You will have shown them how it is a vital part of their relationship with God.
You can use a variety of means to communicate opportunities for corporate prayer.
But, if everything suggested in this training is in place, you will have something better than any pulpit or bulletin announcement. You will have something better than a creative skit or Power Point presentation.
You will have viral promotion . . . people spurring one another on through the example of their own lives of prayer and through word of mouth.
The Prayer Ministry Manual includes this content and then turns the above points into questions for you to ask yourself what you may or may not be doing to promote prayer and how to improve.
For More on what will help you develop and maintain an effective Prayer Ministry, read the following:
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Personal Relationship
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Having the Right Purposes for Praying
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires A Passion for Prayer
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it is a Priority
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Adherence to Biblical Principles
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires and Results in Power
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it be a Permanent Practice
- Planning Strategies for Effective Corporate Prayer
- Preparing Others to Join Your Prayer Efforts
- Promoting Prayer Successfully (this post)