"Children's children are a crown to the aged ..." (Prov. 17:6) Here are resources to reflect on and celebrate this wonderful season of life as grandparents.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources related to grandparenting and Grandparents Day.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional grandparenting resources.
In addition to grandchildren's love and words of appreciation, sometimes a gift like the following can also show honor to grandparents.
- Frame: Frame Magnetic Magic Print Grandparents
- Frame: Puzzle Piece Frame - Grandparents Bring Fond Memories
- Sculpture: Grandma Is Another Word for Love - Art Heart Sculpture
- Wall Decor: Barky-Grandparent' House Rules (12 x 16) Sign
- Wall Decor: Grandparents House Rules (8 x 16) Mounted Print
- Wall Decor: They Shall Be Called Grandparents - Wrapped Canvas Print
Help & Resources for Grandparents in their Grandparenting Role
- Article: 5 Ways to Encourage Grandparents (Who are Raising their Grandkids)
- Article: Bible Verses about Grandparents
- Article: Grandparents indeed 'grand' for grandkids
- Article: The Changing Role of Grandparents in Kids Ministry
- Article: The Legacy of Grandparents
- Article: Ways to Grandparent Older Grandchildren
- Bible: The Grandmother's Bible by Zondervan
- Book: Connect with Your Grandkids: Fun Ways to Bridge the Miles by Cheri Fuller
- Book, DVD: Extreme Grandparenting by Tim Kimmel, Darcy Kimmel
- Book: Grand Days: Ideas for Sharing Faith Moments Between Grandparents and Grandkids by Group Publishing
- Book: Grandma I Need Your Prayers by Ruthanne Garlock, Quinn Sherrer
- Book, DVD: Grandparenthood by Tim Kimmel
- Book: Off My Rocker: Grandparenting Ain't What it Used to Be by Gracie Malone
- Book: The Gift of Grandparenting: Building a Meaningful Relationship With Your Grandchildren by Eric Wiggin
- Book: The Power of a Godly Grandparent: Leaving a Spiritual Legacy by Stephen Bly, Janet Bly
- Info: U.S. Census Bureau Reports - Grandparents and Grandchildren
- Info: State Fact Sheets for Grandparents and Other Relatives Raising Children - at AARP
- Resource: Pretend Play People - Grandparents & Extended Family
- Site: Christian Grandparenting Network
Info, Resources & Ideas for Grandparents' Day
- Article: 5 Ways to Celebrate Grandparents' Day
- Article: Annie's "Grandparent's Day" Page - includes what the Bible says about Grandparents
- Article: History of Grandparents Day
- Resource: Coloring Pages for Grandparents' Day
- Resource: Grandparents Day Activity Kit (not a Christian site but you might get some ideas from it)
- Resource: Hand-in-Hand Activity Idea
- Resource: Printable Family Tree Sample
- Resource: Sample Questions for 'Interviewing' Your Grandparents
- Skit: A Grandparent Thanksgiving
May God build up godly grandparents who have an eternal impact in their grandchildren's lives. Use these Grandparent's Day ministry resources to honor grandparents but remember to encourage them in this important role throughout the year.