As Christians we are to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet. 3:18). Here are some resources to assist your own spiritual growth or that of those you disciple as you walk with God.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources about these aspects of spiritual growth.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional spiritual growth resources.
General Input about Your Walk with God to Help You Grow Spiritually
- Article: Christian Life: Destination vs. Journey
- Article: Christian Life: Drudgery vs Joy
- Article: Christian Life: Duty vs. Delight
- Article: Christian Life: Law vs. Grace
- Article: Effects of Sin on Experiencing the Presence of God
- Article: Environment Conducive to Spiritual Growth
- Article: Following Jesus' Example? It's Biblical
- Article: Following Jesus' Example? Cautions
- Article: God's Search of Who We Are
- Article: Indications of God's Presence in our Lives
- Article: Insecure, Lacking Confidence?
- Article: Living an Abundant Life? - Jesus' Claim
- Article: Living an Abundant Life? - The Difference It Makes
- Article: Living an Abundant Life? - How to Have It
- Article: Getting Back to the Basics
- Article: How to Have a Good Heart
- Article: Means of Learning About & Expressing Life in God
- Article: Need to Change Your Thinking about the Christian Life?
- Article: Tapping into the Riches of God's Knowledge
- Article: Ten Basic Steps Toward Christian Maturity
- Article: The Wheel
- Article: TRUTH: Can't Live Without It
- Article: Wait for the Lord
- Article: WALK with God: Acrostic of Four Essential Characteristics
- Article: Walk with God: Being AND Doing
- Article: What are your goals?
- Article: What Type of Heart Do You Have?
- Article: What We Have New in Christ Jesus
- Article: What's at the Root?
- Book: A Handbook for Christian Maturity 10 Basic Steps Series by Bill Bright
- Book: Experiencing God by Henry T. Blackaby
- Book: Following Christ: Experiencing Life The Way It Was Meant to Be by Joseph M. Stowell
- Book: Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado
- Book: Knowing God by J. I. Packer
- Book: The Owner's Manual for Christians by Charles R. Swindoll
- Book: What Matters Most: Four Absolute Necessities in Following Christ by Tony Evans
- Devotional: Walk the Walk Devotional Series by Ministry Tools Resource Center
Spiritual Disciplines Help You Grow in the Lord
- Article: What are Spiritual Disciplines?
- Article: Why Engage in Spiritual Disciplines?
- Article: What are Examples of the Spiritual Disciplines?
- Article: How to Engage in Spiritual Disciplines
- Article: When You Engage in Spiritual Disciplines
- Article: Reward from Engaging in Spiritual Disciplines
- Book: Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster
- Book: Habits of a Child's Heart: Raising Your Kids with the Spiritual Disciplines by Valerie E. Hess & Marti Watson Garlett, Ph.D.
- Book: Simplify Your Spiritual Life: Spiritual Disciplines for the Overwhelmed by Donald S. Whitney
- Book: So You Want to Be Like Christ? Eight Essentials to Get You There by Charles Swindoll
- Book: Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney
- Book: The Life You've Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by John Ortberg
- Book: The Spirit of the Disciplines : Understanding How God Changes Lives by Dallas Willard
The Role of the Holy Spirit in Your Walk with God & Spiritual Growth
- Article: Experiencing the Adventure - Walk in the Spirit
- Article: Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life?
- Article: How Critical is the Holy Spirit in Ministry?
- Article: The Wonderful News of the Spirit-Filled Life
- Article: Who Is the Holy Spirit and Why Did He Come?
- Book: Embraced by the Spirit: The Untold Blessings of Intimacy with God by Charles R. Swindoll
- Book: Spirit-Controlled Temperament by Tim F. LaHaye
- Book: The New Spirit-Controlled Woman by Beverly LaHaye
- Book: The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life by Charles F. Stanley
Character Traits Increasingly Found in Christians Who are Growing Spiritually
- Article: Bible Teachers, Help Students Be Discerning
- Article: Want to Be More Discerning? - Get Into the Word
- Article: Want to Be More Discerning? - Learn to Love More
- Article: Want to Be More Discerning? - Look at God
- Article: Want to Be More Discerning? - Start from the Inside Out
- Article: Faith in God
- Article: The Greatest of These is Love Yet Faith Matters
- Book: Faith & Doubt by John Ortberg
- Book: Five Things God Uses to Grow Your Faith Participant's Guide with DVD by Andy Stanley
- Book: Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People by Jim Cymbala
- Book: The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel
- Article: Declaration of Independence, But Are You Free?
- Article: Freedom Available to All
- Article: The Essence of True Freedom
- Article: The Source of True Freedom
- Article: The Outworking of True Freedom
- Article: God's Grace - An Acrostic
- Book: Captured By Grace: No One is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God by David Jeremiah
- Book: Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado
- Book: Grace Walk by Steve McVey
- Book: In the Grip of Grace by Max Lucado
- Book: The Grace and Truth Paradox by Randy Alcorn
- Book: Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges
- Book: What's So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey
Gratitude - Being Thankful:
- Article: A Thanksgiving Acrostic
- Article: In the Midst of Crisis, Give Thanks
- Article: Responding to God's Enduring Love
- Article: What are You Thankful For?
- Article: Who Desires a Church That is Holy?
- Article: A Church That is Holy -- Really?
- Article: Your View of the Holiness of God Matters in Ministry
- Book: Holiness by Grace by Bryan Chapell
- Book: Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Book: Rediscovering Holiness: Know the Fullness of Life with God by J.I. Packer
- Book: The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- Article: 10 Commandments Teach How to Love God
- Article: 10 Commandments Teach How to Love People
- Article: Breaking Through the Walls
- Article: Compelled by Love?
- Article: Consideration & Compassion Showcase His Love for People
- Article: Demonstration of Love Driven by Hate
- Article: Keeping the Right Priorities Takes Perspective
- Article: Keeping the Right Priorities Takes Divine Power
- Article: Love One Another
- Article: Loving God the Top Priority in Your Church?
- Article: Loving People a Priority in Your Church?
- Article: WALK with God: Acrostic of Four Essential Characteristics
- Article: Want to be More Discerning? - Learn to Love More
- Book: Life Changing Love: Moving God's Love from Your Head to Your Heart by John Ortberg
- Book: Love One Another: Becoming the Church Jesus Longs For by Jerry Sittser
- Book: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Book: The Great Commandment Principle by David Ferguson
- Book - Bible Study: A Walk Thru Love: Loving God, Loving Others in Walk Thru the Bible Series
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Through Life Without Peace - Part 1
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Without Peace Part 2 - Realistic Expectations
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Without Peace Part 3 - The Right Focus
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Without Peace Part 4 - The Right Pursuit
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Without Peace Part 5 - Being Ready for Spiritual Battles
- Book: Anxious for Nothing: God's Cure for the Cares of Your Soul by John MacArthur
- Book: Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear by Charles F. Stanley
- Book: Finding Peace In Life's Storms by Charles H. Spurgeon
- Book: God Is In Control: My Unshakeable Peace When the Storms Come by Charles F. Stanley
- Book: The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For by Ann Spangler
Christians Desiring to Grow will Undoubtedly Face Spiritual Warfare
- Article: Biblical Principles for Spiritual Battles
- Article: God's Power for the Church: Spiritual Weaponry
- Article: Obstacles in Becoming More Purposeful: Resistance in the Spiritual Realm
- Article: Strength for Spiritual Battles
- Article: Too Hard to Make It Without Peace - Being Ready for Spiritual Battles
- Book: Guide to Spiritual Warfare by E.M. Bounds
- Book: Praying God's Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore
- Book: Standing Strong: How to Resist the Enemy of Your Soul by John MacArthur
- Book: The Adversary by Mark I. Bubek
- Book: The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- Book: When the Enemy Strikes by Charles F. Stanley
As you use these resources keep in mind that the objective of spiritual growth is to become more fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who abide in Him and bear fruit to His glory. (John 15:1-10)