Sunday School Curriculum, Resources, & Supplies
Sunday School has been used by God through the years as a means of nurturing spiritual growth in His people. It has also been a platform for outreach and assimilation of newcomers into church life. While the Sunday School programs in many churches might need to be revitalized, it still has potential to fulfill these objectives. Here are some resources to help.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing.
Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Sunday School resources and supplies.
About Sunday School - General Information
- Article: Is Sunday School Dying?
- Article: Is Sunday School Old-Fashioned?
- Article: So, what about Sunday School?
- Book: Building Blocks for Sunday School Growth by Bo Prosser, Michael McCullar, Charles Qualls
- Book: Rediscovering the Sunday School by Talmadge Johnson, Stan Johnson
- Book: Revitalizing the Sunday Morning Dinosaur by Ken Hemphill
- Book: Sunday School Changes Everything: Your Church's Best Opportunity to Reach the Next Generation for Christ by Henrietta C. Mears
- Book: Sunday School That Really Excels: Real Life Examples of Churches with Healthy Sunday Schools by Steve R. Parr
- Book: Sunday School That Really Responds: Wisdom for Confronting Common Sunday School Emergencies by Steve R. Parr
- Book: Sunday School That Really Works: A Strategy for Connecting Congregations and Communities by Steve R. Parr
- Book: What Every Pastor Should Know About Sunday School by Elmer L. Towns, Stan Toler
- What to Look for in Choosing Curriculum
- Can't Always Blame Curriculum If Bible Teaching Not Going Well
- The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
Options in Sunday School Curriculum to Fit Your Situation:
- Looking for something suitable for multiple ages in one class?
All in One Sunday School - Group Publishing
"will work in any ministry, but it's especially great for smaller churches that combine classes every Sunday. Also good for large churches that combine ages during summer and for any other multi-age class setting"
13 Very ... Small Group Solutions for Kids - Standard Publishing
Also check out: All Together Now by Group Publishing
- Looking for graded curriculum but synchronized for all ages (same Bible truth for each group)?
Answers Bible Curriculum - Answers in Genesis
Preschool, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6, Jr. High, High School, Adults
Faith Weaver NOW - Group Publishing
- Looking for graded curriculum with a Small Group / Large Group structure?
Living Inside Out - Group Publishing
Preschool, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
Grapple - Group Publishing
- Looking for graded curriculum that requires low preparation?
Buzz - Group Publishing
Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6
- Looking for graded curriculum with lots of active, hands-on learning?
Hands On Bible Curriculum - Group Publishing
- Looking for digital, online Sunday School or Small Group curriculum?
David C. Cook provides a digital curriculum, Rio, for first through sixth grade
- Looking for DVD based curriculum?
- Adult DVD Video Curriculum
- Youth (Teen) DVD Video Curriculum
- Children's DVD Series: What's in the Bible? Church Edition
- Looking for other types of Sunday School Curriculum?
- Bible in Life: Toddlers - Adult - by David C. Cook"Recognizes life needs of students and reveals biblical and practical application; Incorporates teaching methods to developmental abilities of each age group; Enables teachers to reach every student according to the individual learning styles"
- PreSchool: PreK & K - by Gospel Light"Music, games, art projects, skits and other fun activities draw children to God and His love!"
- Give Me Jesus: Grade 1-4 - by Gospel Light"Each session has an easy-to-follow 1-2-3 plan for teaching: Get Thinking, Get God's Word, Get Talking. In addition, every lesson has a Big Idea (why the lesson will make a difference in kids' lives) and an Action Plan (helps the teacher focus on what kids can do in this session to apply the Big Idea to Life)."
- The Edge: Grades 5-6 - by Gospel Light"Small-group activities and discussions. A new design that makes it easy to lead students in creative activities and inductive Bible study."
- HeartShaper: Toddlers - Grade 6 - by Standard Publishing"Children of all ages discover God's love and interact with the Bible in a way that helps them connect to God, Jesus, the church, family, and others."
- Encounter: Teens - by Standard Publishing"Help teens meet God face-to-face. .. Each step of this lesson plan contains two options, allowing the teacher to choose from activities best suited to his or her teens. Options include "hands-on" activities such as drama, art, and games as well as intellectually engaging research, reporting, and discussion."
- Lesson Quarterly: Adults - by Standard Publishing"takes students through a six-year plan to survey the Bible."
Directing Sunday School
- Article: Measuring Effectiveness of Sunday School Ministry
- Article: So, You Were Asked to be the Sunday School Superintendent!
- Article: Sunday School During Summer Months
- Book: How to Have a Great Sunday School by Wes & Sheryl Haystead
- Book: Sunday School Attendance Boosters: 165 Fresh and New Ideas by Group Publishing Inc
- Book: Sunday School Promo Pages by Sheryl Haystead
- Book: Sunday School Smart Pages by Wes Haystead
Sunday School Resources & Supplies
- Appreciation Certificates for Sunday School Workers
- Attendance Charts & Record Books
- Borders, Trim, Banners
- Crafts Books, Kits, & Ideas
- Classroom Furniture, Tables, Boards, Storage Supplies
- Maps and Charts
- Postcards for Absentees, Birthdays, Follow-up, Etc.
- Posters for Classroom Walls
- Promotion Certificates
- Record Keeping: Books, Envelopes, Forms for Attendance, Enrollment, Visitors, etc.
- Rugs (carpets that illustrate Bible truths)
- Sunday School Songs
- Visual Boards & Easels
Sunday School Teachers
- Article: Factors to Consider in Sunday School Teachers Training
- Articles: Online Teacher Training at MinTools.com
- Articles: Sunday School Teaching as a Shepherding Ministry
- Book: Help! I'm a Sunday School Teacher! by Ray Johnston
- Book: What Every Sunday School Teacher Should Know by Elmer L. Towns
- Teacher Training: Resources Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Teacher Training: TrainBibleTeachers.com
- Teaching Resources: Helps for Sunday School Teachers
May God use the Sunday School at your church to build up His people. These resources will help but always remember to seek God's wisdom for how to use these ideas in your setting to truly makes a difference.