Effectively and creatively teaching God's Word requires . . .
- a sound teaching philosophy based on the Word of God
- an understanding of the teaching-learning process that includes how God made people to learn
- a biblical teaching style that focuses on being a servant teacher
- a mastery of teaching techniques, audiovisuals, and teaching methods that is secondary to being the kind of teacher God most desires to use
- an awareness and use of teaching resources and teaching tools that will enrich your Bible teaching but never take the place of the Holy Spirit
Effective Bible teachers remember that . . .
Teaching is part of the Great Commission. --a mandate of mission (Matt. 28:19-20)
Teaching is part of the reproductive process. --a means of multiplication (2 Tim. 2:2)
Teaching is part of body life. --a measure of maturity (Col. 3:16)
Effective Bible teachers focus on being the kind of teacher who makes a difference . . .
. . . being over doing
- Article: Being Versus Doing: Which is most important in ministry?
- Article: Teacher Acrostic - What's in Your Heart?
- Article: Why the Condition of a Teacher's Heart is So Important
. . . doing that grows out of being
- Article: Role of a Bible Teacher
- Article: Be-Attitudes for Teacher (changes monthly)
- Book: Be-Attitudes for Teachers Devotional Guide
Effective Bible teachers invest the time, commitment, and effort it takes . . .
. . . to structure lessons that make a difference
- Article: Line Up Your Bible Lesson Preparation with the Word of God
- Article: Choosing Curriculum
- Article: Can't Always Blame Curriculum If Bible Teaching Not Going Well
- Article: Curriculum Development - How to Write Bible Lessons
- Workbook: A Lesson Worth Teaching
. . . to plan methods that best communicate the content
- Article: Bible Teaching Methods - List of Possibilities
- Resource: Sharpening Your Bible Teaching Methods
. . . to be creative in their approach both in and out of the classroom
Effective Christian Bible teachers rely on the work of the Holy Spirit . . .
. . . acknowledging the need for God's wisdom and power
- Article: Bible Teaching is a Special Divine Empowerment
- Resource: The Holy Spirit & My Teaching Devotional
Effective and creative Bible teaching is student-oriented . . .
. . . teaching according to their needs, developmental abilities, and learning styles
Effective and creative Bible teaching results in . . .
. . . knowledge of God that grows deeper and more personal and intimate, not merely cognitive
- Article: Ministry Objective: Not Mere Knowledge
- Worksheet: Motivating Students to Believe Worksheet Download
. . . changed lives that reflect the work of the Holy Spirit in bringing people into conformity with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Article: How Sad When It's Like They Were Never There
- Article: Teaching for Changed Lives - Types of Change
- Workbook: Teaching for Changed Lives
. . . classroom management that goes beyond crowd control and mere classroom discipline techniques to true learning and growth
- Article: Classroom Disciple Tip (changes monthly)
- Article: An Umbrella for Classroom Discipline
- Article: Dealing with Discipline Problems
- Article: Ten Things Not to Say When Disciplining
- Book: Handbook on the Basics of Classroom Discipline
- Workbook: Effectively Handling Classroom Discipline