Whether teaching in Sunday School or another type of Bible study class, you need to teach people in ways they can understand. These Bible teaching resources will help you in both the preparation and presentation of your lessons to creatively, developmentally, and purposefully communicate God's Word.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources related to the teaching-learning process such as the Bible lesson, teacher, students, methodology, creativity and other elements.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Bible teaching ministry resources.
About Bible Teaching
- Article: Bible Teaching has an Important Objective
- Article: Bible Teaching is a Special Divine Empowerment
- Article: Bible Teaching is an Awesome Responsibility
- Article: Bible Teaching Must Keep the Word Central
- Article: Bible Teaching Requires Reliance on the Holy Spirit
- Article: God's Presence: The Discipler's Authority
- Article: God's Presence: The Distinguishing Mark
- Article: Speaking Types of Spiritual Gifts
About the Teaching-Learning Process
- Article: 4 Tips for Helping Students Apply Bible Lessons to Life
- Article: Bible Teaching Must Equal Bible Living
- Article: Can We Ever Overemphasize Application?
- Article: Do Bible Teachers Understand the Teaching-Learning Process?
- Article: Effective Bible Teaching
- Article: Four Elements in the Bible Learning Process
- Article: Goal of Teaching: Changed Lives
- Article: Good First Impressions
- Article: How Deliberate to be About Application?
- Article: Let's Not be Shortsighted
- Article: Personalize the Application
- Article: Teaching for Changed Lives?
- Article: The Holy Spirit is Essential to Effective Bible Teaching
- Article: What to Aim for in Application of a Bible lesson?
- Article: Whose Responsibility is Bible Application?
- Book: Creative Bible Teaching by Lawrence O. Richards
- Book: Seven Laws of the Learner by Bruce Wilkinson
- Book: Teaching for Spiritual Growth by Perry G Downs
- Book: Teaching to Change Lives by Howard Hendricks
- Book: The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias
- Book: Why Nobody Learns Much of Anything at Church and How to Fix It by Thomas & Joani Schultz
- Group Training Session: Aiming for Empty-less Teaching - Teacher Training Download
- Workbook: Teaching for Changed Lives by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Worksheet: Heart Transformation or Behavior Modification? - for children's teachers
- Worksheet: Help! My students don't want to be here! They don't want to learn! Worksheet
- Worksheet: Keys to Unlocking the Door for Good First Impressions
Learn from Jesus, the Master Teacher
- Article: 3 Important Lessons from the Master Teacher
- Article: 3 More Important Lessons from the Master Teacher
- Article: Lessons from the Master Teacher on Using Objects
- Book: Rock-Solid Teacher: Discover the Joy of Teaching Like Jesus by Gregory Carlson
Help with Choosing & Using Curriculum
- Article: Check the Vital Statistics
- Article: Choosing Curriculum
- Article: Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
- Article: Tweaking or Adjusting Curriculum
- Worksheet: When You Need to Adjust the Curriculum
- Resources: Curriculum Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Resources: Children's Church Curriculum
- Resources: DVD Video Curriculum Studies
- Resources: Homeschool Curriculum
- Resources: Mid-Week Curriculum
- Resources: New Members Curriculum
- Resources: Recovery Curriculum
- Resources: Sunday School Curriculum
- Resources: Vacation Bible School - VBS Curriculum
Help with Lesson Planning & Preparation
- Article: Application: More Than Just a Good Idea
- Article: Bible Teaching Demands Accuracy
- Article: Curriculum Development: How to Write Bible Lessons
- Article: Inadequate View of Bible, Inadequate Lesson Preparation
- Article: Line Up Your Bible Lesson Preparation with the Word of God
- Article: Well-Constructed Lesson Aims
- Workbook: A Lesson Worth Teaching
- Worksheet: Application: It's God's Idea, Not Merely a Good Idea
- Worksheet: Bible Lesson Preparation Worksheet
- Worksheet: Out of the World & Into the Word Worksheet - deals with the introduction to the lesson
Help with Teaching Different Parts of the Bible
- Article: Bible Illiterate Teachers Produce Bible Illiterate Students
- Article: Teaching the Creation of Man & the Fall
- Article: Tips for Teaching Creation & the Fall
- Article: Teaching About God's Laws
- Article: Tips for Teaching About God's Laws
- Article: Teaching from the Old Testament Prophets
- Article: Tips for Teaching from the Old Testament Prophets
- Article: Teaching About the Cross
- Article: Tips for Teaching About the Cross
- Article: Teaching About Salvation
- Article: Tips for Teaching About Salvation
- Article: Teaching About the Church
- Article: Tips for Teaching About the Church
- Article: Teaching on the Book of Revelation
- Article: Tips for Teaching on the Book of Revelation
Are You a Creative Bible Teacher?
- Article: Creativity: An Essential for Bible Teaching
- Article: Creativity Cues from God
- Article: Creativity in the Classroom, Benefits
- Article: Creativity: The Problem is Not a Lack of Possibilities
- Workbook: Creative Bible Teaching with Results Workbook
- Worksheet: Creativity: Variety is One Element Worksheet
- Worksheet: Turning the Benefits of Creativity into Reality Worksheet
General Info on Teaching Methods
- Articles: Bible Teachers Need to Incorporate Variety into Lessons
- Article: Bible Teaching Methods List
- Article: Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Expansion Needed
- Article: Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Methodology
- Article: Low Tech Teaching in a High Tech World? - Perspective Needed
- Article: Teaching Methods - (changes every month)
- Book: Creative Teaching Methods by Marlene D. LeFever
- Handouts Resource: Sharpening Your Bible Teaching Methods by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Handouts Resource: Bible Learning Activities for Children by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Worksheet: Tips for Choosing & Using Methods
Scripture Memory in the Classroom
- Article: Adverse Reactions to Scripture Memorization
- Article: Grade School Children & Scripture Memory
- Article: Mixed Messages About Scripture Memorization
- Article: Bible Memory Verses for Teenagers
- Article: Bible Verses for Young Adults
- Article: Scripture Memory Bible Verses for Senior Adults
- Article: Preschoolers & Scripture Memory
- Article: Scripture Reminders Middle Aged Adults Need
- Book: 52 Ways to Teach Memory Verses
- Book: Bible Memory Games
- Book: Bible Memory Verse Games For Children
- Book: Making Scripture Memory Fun
- Book: The Big Book of Bible Games
- Worksheet: Effective Scripture Memorization Requires Getting Beyond
Types of Bible Teaching Methods
- Bulletin Boards - Article: Bulletin Boards: An Old Method Still a Viable Tool?
- Bulletin Boards - Document: Make Bulletin Boards Super
- Discussion - Article: Leading a Good Discussion using Discussion Guides
- Discussion - Article: Small Group Bible Studies Teachers Training
- Discussion - Bible Study Guides: Discussion Guides from Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Discussion - Bible Study Guides: Other Bible Study Books
- Discussion - Book: How to Ask Great Questions by Karen Lee-Thorp
- Discussion - Book: Now That's a Good Question: How to Lead Quality Bible Discussions by Terry Powell
- Discussion - Training Session: Discussion Ruts - Teacher Training Session
- Discussion - Worksheet: In Facilitating a Discussion, Everyone's Contribution is Valuable Worksheet Download
- Discussion - More for Small Groups
- Drama - Article: A Flair for the Dramatic ... Or Not
- Games - Article: Fun & Games and Bible Learning?
- Games - Article: Games Are Good As Long As . . .
- Guided Conversation - Article: Make Every Moment Count Using Guided Conversation
- Guided Conversation - Worksheet: Guided Conversation
- Learning Centers - Article: Bible Learning Centers: Not the Easy Way Out
- Learning Centers - Article: Learning Center Ruts
- Learning Centers - Worksheet: Using Learning Centers
- Lecture - Article: Lecture is Good to Use with Adults, Right?
- Lecture - Article: No Choice But to Use Lecture with Adults?
- Object Lessons - Article: Lessons from the Master Teacher on Using Objects
- Object Lessons - Worksheet: Tips for Using Object Lessons
- Play - Article: Play as a Bible Teaching Method?
- Play - Worksheet: Play: It's How Kids Learn Worksheet Download
- Puppets - Article: Questions about Using Puppets in the Classroom
- Puppets - Article: More Questions about Using Puppets in the Classroom
- Puppets - Document: Using Puppets in the Classroom
- Questions - Article: Jesus, the Master Teacher, Used Questions
- Questions - Worksheet: Work Your Way Through the Lesson with Questions
- Role Playing - Article: Value of Role Playing
- Role Playing - Document: Role Playing
- Storytelling - Article: 10 Storytelling Mistakes
- Storytelling - Worksheet: Keys to Visualizing the Story Without Visual Aids
Visuals, Teaching Tools, Boards, & Supplies
- Article: God Communicates Audiovisually
- Article: Seasonal Bulletin Boards: Autumn
- Article: Seasonal Bulletin Boards: Spring
- Article: Seasonal Bulletin Boards: Summer
- Article: Seasonal Bulletin Boards: Winter
- Borders & More: Borders, Trim, Banners
- Bulletin Board: Bulletin Board Sets
- Equipment: Computers, Projectors, & Other Electronics at Amazon.com
- Furniture: Classroom Furniture, Tables, Boards, Storage Supplies
- Illustrations: Books with Illustrations & Quotes
- Illustrations: Teaching Illustrations
- Maps & Charts: Maps & Charts
- Supplies:Visual Boards & Easels
- Training Session: Audiovisual Teaching Because of God
- Worksheet: Make Bulletin Boards SUPER
- Worksheet: Tips for Choosing & Using Audiovisuals
Age Levels Resources
- Article: It's a Disservice Not to Train Teachers About the Age They Teach
- Article: Making Even Well-Known Truths Relevant
- Article: Physical versus Spiritual Age
- Resource: Age Level Characteristics Download
- Worksheet: Make Truths Relevant Download
- More Resources: Children's Ministry
- More Resources: Youth Ministry
- More Resources: Adult Ministry
Discipline - Classroom Management
- Article: Classroom Discipline Tip - (changes monthly)
- Article: 5 Key Elements in an Approach to Classroom Discipline
- Article: An Umbrella for Classroom Discipline
- Article: Discipline Issues Making Your Teachers Want to Quit?
- Article: Classroom Discipline Must Get Beyond
- Article: Dealing with Discipline Problems
- Article: Helping Bible Teachers with Problem Students
- Article: Hidden Messages in Disciplining
- Article: Ten Things Not to Say When Disciplining
- Book: Handbook on the Basics of Classroom Discipline by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Book: Boundaries With Kids by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- Resource: Discipline Issues: What to Do About Specific Challenges Download
- Workbook: Effectively Handling Classroom Discipline by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Worksheet: Biblical Authority versus the Authoritarian and Permissive Teachers Worksheet
Discipleship - Discipling Students
- Book: Disciple-Making Teachers by Josh Hunt
- Worksheet: DISCIPLESHIP: Isn't teaching a lesson enough?
- PowerPoint & Worksheets: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students toward Spiritual Growth Bundle by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students toward Christ-like Character & Conduct
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in the Stewardship of Giving
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to Outreach
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to Prayer
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Maintaining Christ-like Relationships
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students toward Serving
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to the Word of God
- Worksheet: The Teacher's Role in Discipling Students in Regard to Worship
Helping Students in Crisis
- Articles: Crisis Intervention Training - General Helps
- Article: Do Your Teachers Know How to Help Students in Crisis?
- Article: Many Roles in Times of Trouble
- Article: Teaching Students with Hurting Hearts
- Book: Emergency Response Handbook for Children's Ministry by Group Publishing
- Book: Emergency Response Handbook for Youth Ministry by Group Publishing
- Book: Emergency Response Handbook for Small Group Leaders by Group Publishing - for Adults
- Book: The Hurt That They Feel: Helping Preschoolers Deal With Tough Issues Edited by Sue Bredekamp
- Book: What Do I Do When Teenagers are Depressed and Contemplate Suicide? by Steve Gerali
- Book: What Do I Do When Teenagers are Victims of Abuse? by Steve Gerali
- Worksheet: Crisis Strikes Worksheet
- Worksheet: Ministering to Students with Hurting Hearts
- Article: Group Dynamic: Affected by Various Learning Styles
- Book: 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Children: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Book: 7 Ways of Teaching the Bible to Adults: Using Our Multiple Intelligences to Build Faith by Barbara Bruce
- Book: Learning Styles: Reaching Everyone God Gave You to Teach by Marlene D. Lefever
- Book: Talkers, Watchers, and Doers: Unlocking Your Child's Unique Learning Style by Cheri Fuller
- Book: The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias
- Worksheet: My Style - Their Style Teacher Training Worksheet
Misc. Help with Students
- Article: Motivating People to Learn
- Download: Including Students with Special Challenges Teacher Training
- Worksheet: Motivating Students to Believe Worksheet
- Worksheet: Classroom Safety Issues Teacher Training
- Worksheet: Tips for Teaching about Character Traits Worksheet
General Helps for Bible Teachers
- Article: 3 Tips for Teaching
- Article: Are your Bible Teachers Walking in the Spirit?
- Article: Are Your Teachers Consistent?
- Article: Aware of God's Presence?
- Article: Background Checks, Anyone?
- Article: Bible Teaching Requires the Personal Growth of the Teacher
- Article: Called to Teach But Still Afraid?
- Article: Fear Holding People Back?
- Article: God's Presence: The Defense Against Hindrances
- Article: The Role of a Bible Teacher
- Article: How Do You Feel About Teaching?
- Article: Just a Teacher's Helper? Ouch!
- Article: Lies Bible Teachers Might Believe
- Article: Students Evaluating Their Teachers
- Article: Teachers' View of the Bible: It Matters
- Download: What Bible Teachers Need to Know About God's Word
- PowerPoint: Rediscovering the Joy of Teaching
- Worksheet: Praying Like You Truly Believe HE is the Source of All You Need Worksheet
- Worksheet: Teachers Either Block or Promote Community Worksheet
- Worksheet: Time Management for Teachers Worksheet
Devotionals for Teachers
- Article: Why devotionals for Christian teachers' training?
- Download: Be-Attitudes for Teachers
- Download: Called to Teach But Still Afraid Devotional
- Download: Encouragers for Teachers of God's Word
- Download: The Holy Spirit & My Teaching Devotional
- Article: Adaptable Bible Teacher?
- Article: Are Your Bible Teachers Prepared?
- Article: Are Your Teachers Students ... Teachable?
- Article: Be-Attitude for Teachers - (changes every month)
- Article: Bible Teacher's Role as a Conduit
- Article: Bible Teaching Requires a Good Dose of Humility
- Article: How Enthused are Your Bible Teachers?
- Article: Reasons Bible Teachers Lack Enthusiasm
- Article: Teacher Acrostic - What's in Your Heart?
- Article: Teachers Reap What They Sow
- Article: Why the Condition of a Teacher's Heart is So Important
- Download: Be-Attitudes for Teachers
- Book: 10 Marks of Incredible Teachers by Josh Hunt
- Training Session: Being Effective Bible Teachers
- Worksheet: Does your heart beat with the love of God for your students?
Teacher Training Resources
- Article: Bible Teachers Training Based on the Setting
- Article: Bible Teaching Skills Needed
- Article: Bible Verses for Bible Teachers
- Article: Do You Know What Kind of Help Your Teachers Really Need?
- Article: More Than a Pat on the Back - Encouraging Teachers
- Article: Recruiting Bible Teachers New to Teaching?
- Article: Teacher Training Over the Holidays
- Article: Teacher Training Tips
- Article: The Ultimate Goal of Bible Teaching
- Article: Too Broad to Fit Specific Topics
- Blog: Train Bible Teachers Blog
- Resources: Teacher Training Resources Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Resources: Teacher Training Resources at TrainBibleTeachers.com
May God work through you to impart not only head knowledge in your students but also a growing heart knowledge of Him. Use these teaching tools and resources but rely on the Holy Spirit to do the real work in people's hearts.