Theology comes from two Greek words -- "theos" (theo-) meaning God and "logos" (-ology) meaning word. Hence, it is literally words about God, or a study of God. While the term can be used more broadly, these theological resources will focus in specifically on the God of the Bible, which is sometimes called Theology Proper.
The Bible presents God as the One of whom there is none greater, worthy of the love, trust, and worship of those He created.
Click on a tab below to view a list of theology resources to help you gain a general understanding about God or to study His attributes (character, nature) or names.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional theological resources.
The starting point in knowing God obviously is believing that He exists.
- Articles: Is God Real?
- Book: 20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense by Kenneth Boa, Robert M. Bowman
- Book: Does God Exist? The Debate Between Theists & Atheists by J. P. Moreland, Kai Nielsen
- Book: Reasons We Believe: 50 Lines of Evidence That Confirm the Christian Faith by Nathan Busenitz
- Book: The Big Argument: Does God Exist? by John Ashton, Michael Westacott
- Book: The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God by Lee Strobel
- Book: The Real Face of Atheism by Ravi Zacharias
- Book: The God Who is Real by Henry M. Morris
- Booklet: Is There Really a God? Booklet by Answers in Genesis
- DVD: Proof of God: Four Questions Atheists Hate to Answer DVD by Eric Hovind - also comes as a download
- DVD: The Case for a Creator: Investigating the Scientific Evidence That Points toward God by Lee Strobel
- Tracts: Is There a God?, Pack of 25 Tracts
- Tracts: The Evidence of God (NIV), Pack of 25 Tracts by Lee Strobel
Theology, as a study of God, would include learning about who God is -- His attributes, character, or nature.
General Info about God's Attributes
- Article: God Communicates Audiovisually
- Article: Our Unfathomable God
- Book: God: As He Longs for You to See Him by Chip Ingram
- Book: God Is Amazing: Everything Changes When You See God for Who He Really Is by Bruce Bickel, Stan Jantz
- Book: Knowing God by J. I. Packer
- Book: Our God is Awesome: Encountering the Greatness of Our God by Tony Evans
- Book: Our Awesome God by John MacArthur
- Book: The Attributes of God by A. W. Pink
- Book: The Attributes of God, Volume 1: A Journey into the Father's Heart, with Study Guide by A. W. Tozer
- Book: The Attributes of God, Volume 2: Deeper Into the Father's Heart by A. W. Tozer
- Book: The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer
- Book: What Is God Really Like? edited by Craig Groeschel
- Devotional: The Ministry Worker's Devotional: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God Download
- Pamphlet: Attributes of God, Pamphlet by Rose Publishing
God is All-Knowing - His Omniscience
- Article: God MUST BE All-Knowing
- Article: Perfect in Knowledge
- Article: Tapping into the Riches of God's Knowledge
God is All-Powerful - His Omnipotence
- Article: Easter Points to the Power of God
- Article: Ministry Empowerment: Serving in the Power of an Almighty God
- Article: The Power of God at Work in the Church
God is Eternal - His Immortality
- Article: From Everlasting to Everlasting
- Article: God MUST BE Eternal
- Article: Ministry Blues? Reflecting on an Eternal God will Help!
God is Good - His Goodness
- Article: Your View of the Goodness of God Matters in Ministry
- Book: If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil by Randy Alcorn
- Book: The Goodness of God: Assurance of Purpose in the Midst of Suffering by Randy Alcorn
- Book: Why Do Bad Things Happen If God Is Good? by Ron Rhodes
- Tracts: Is God Good? ESV, Pack of 25 Tracts
God is Gracious - His Grace
- Article: Easter Points to the Grace of God
- Article: God's Grace
- Book: Captured By Grace: No One is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God by Dr. David Jeremiah
- Book: Extraordinary Grace: How the Unlikely Lineage of Jesus Reveals God's Amazing Love by Gary Chapman, Chris Fabry
- Book: Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado
- Book: The Case for Grace: A Journalist Explores the Evidence of Transformed Lives by Lee Strobel
- Book: Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges
- Devotional: Grace: A Bigger View of God's Love by Randy Alcorn
- Devotional: The Grace of God by Andy Stanley
God is Great - His Greatness
- Article: God, Greater Than All Other Forces
- Article: God, Greater Than All That Pertains to You
- Article: Your View of the Greatness of God Matters in Ministry
God is Holy - His Holiness
- Article: Easter Points to the Holiness & Righteousness of God
- Article: Your View of the Holiness of God Matters in Ministry
- Book: Holy, Holy, Holy: Proclaiming the Perfections of God by R.C. Sproul
God is Loving - His Love
- Article: Demonstration of Love Driven by Hate
- Article: Easter Points to the Love of God
- Article: Reflecting on God's Enduring Love
- Article: Rendering about God's Enduring Love
- Article: Responding to God's Enduring Love
- Article: Valentine's Day Is . . . But God's Love Is . . .
- Book: Exploring the Depths of God's Love by Charles F. Stanley
- Book: God Loves You: He Always Has - He Always Will by Dr. David Jeremiah
- Book: God's Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children by R.C. Sproul
- Book: Life Changing Love: Moving God's Love from Your Head to Your Heart by John Ortberg
God is Righteous - His Righteousness
- Article: Easter Points to the Holiness & Righteousness of God
- Article: The Righteousness of God
God is Sovereign - His Supremacy & Authority
- Article: All Authority Belongs to the Lord
- Article: Sanctity of Human Life - When God is Our Standard
- Article: What Can We Offer a God Who Owns It All?
- Book: Chosen But Free: A Balanced View of God's Sovereignty and Free Will by Norman L. Geisler
- Book: God Is In Control: My Unshakeable Peace When the Storms Come by Charles F. Stanley
- Book: Hand in Hand: The Beauty of God's Sovereignty and Meaningful Human Choice by Randy Alcorn
- Book: Is God Really in Control? Trusting God in a World of Terrorism, Tsunamis, and Personal Tragedy by Jerry Bridges
- Book: Suffering and the Sovereignty of God eds. John Piper & Justin Taylor
- Book: The Sovereignty of God by A. W. Pink
- Book: Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts by Jerry Bridges
God is Wise - His Wisdom
We can learn more about the character and ways of God by looking at the names given to Him in the Bible.
- Article: Beyond a Cerebral Understanding of the Names of God
- Article: God's Power: The Name of the Lord
- Article: Not to Us, O LORD, but to Your Name Be the Glory
- Book: Knowing God by Name: Names of God That Bring Hope and Healing by David Wilkerson
- Book: Names of God by Nathan Stone
- Book: Praying Through the Names of God by Tony Evans
- Book: The Names of God: 52 Bible Studies for Individuals and Groups by Ann Spangler
- Book: The Names of God: An Illustrated Guide by George Knight
- Book: The Power of God's Names: Experience His Strength by Tony Evans
- Pamphlet: Names of God, Pamphlet by Rose Publishing
Gain a broad, more general understanding of God and His ways, and build upon that.
- Article: Exalting God
- Article: God as Our Father
- Article: Responding to God as Our Father
- Article: God is a God of New Beginnings
- Article: Seeing God in What He Made
- Article: Theology?
- Article: Want to Be More Discerning? - Look at God
- Book: The God You Can Know by Daniel DeHaan
- Book: What You Need To Know About God: A Study Guide by Max Anders
Knowing about God should lead to knowing Him and lining up with Him.
- Article: A Better Way to Do Church Ministry?
- Article: Indications of God's Presence in our Lives
- Article: It's About Lining Up with God
- Article: Lining Up with God in Ministry
- Article: Lining Up with God's Purposes
- Article: Ministry Focus: About God, Not Us
- Article: Trust & Obey
- Book: Delighting in God by A. W. Tozer
- Book: Experiencing God by Henry T. Blackaby
- Book: The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer
- Book: Your God is Too Small: A Guide for Believers and Skeptics Alike by J. B. Phillips
- Study Guide: Is God Real? RZIM Critical Questions Discussion Guides by William Lane Craig, Charles Taliaferro, Ravi Zacharias
May you get to truly know the God of the Bible better as you use these resources to study about Him or teach others about His character and ways.