Curriculum, Facilities, Budgets, Policies, Master Calendar Should Be in Congruence with the Big Picture
Curriculum, facilities, budget, policies, and scheduling are all an important part of a Christian Education ministry. These factors, however, should flow out of and be in congruence with other elements already determined such as:
- your philosophy of ministry
- the available staff who are properly placed in their ministries, both paid or volunteer
- how many levels of ministry are happening simultaneously and what is happening at each of these levels
- what groups are needed to effectively meet needs
- what strategies or programs you will use to accomplish your objectives
- the model used within each of the programs
Once You Have a Good Handle on the Big Picture, Then You are Ready to Determine the Particulars:
Choose curriculum that fits your plans.
Evaluate your facilities for their best and most efficient use.
Propose a budget to match your priorities and needs.
Develop policies to help promote the good of all.
Coordinate a master calendar to avert conflicts.
Share This with Others:
Need a big picture perspective and biblical principles for coordinating the Christian Education ministry in the church? Order the Christian Education Ministry Manual.
Want to work at getting your Christian Education leadership team on the same page? Order the Christian Education Leadership Team Training.
Looking for some guidelines and resources to administrate the Christian Education ministry of your church? Order the Christian Education Files.
Better yet, order the Christian Education Ministry Bundle which includes all three of these resources.