Item #: DDB-G
(download in zip file)
Don't wait for teachers to get discouraged and want to quit because of misbehavior. Help all in your children's department get beyond mere crowd control to effectively managing the classroom. The combination of these resources will provide the broad perspective teachers need to line up disciplining how our Father God disciplines us and will help them deal with specific issues or problems.
Ordering from this page allows you to print up to 25 of the workbook and unlimited copies of the others to use with those in your sphere of ministry. If you order the bundle allowing just 1 workbook you pay $25, so you can see this group version is quite a savings to be able to print up to 25 workbooks.
Click on the tabs below to learn about each of the resources included in the bundle.
Biblical Authority versus the Authoritarian and Permissive Teachers Worksheet
Bible teachers who aren't exercising Biblical Authority might be sending conflicting messages to students between what is said in the lesson and what the teacher does. Seek to make everything done in the classroom send a consistent message about who God is, how He relates with us, and how He desires us to treat one another.
This 3 page reproducible teacher training worksheet provides a comparison study of teachers exercising Biblical authority versus authoritarian and permissive teachers. Questions based on this comparison help you consider the implications for managing the classroom.
Handbook on the Basics of Classroom DisciplineThis compilation of 30 classroom discipline tips helps children's Bible teachers and workers gain a good starting point on the basics of classroom discipline upon which to build.
This 40 page reproducible handbook is divided into the following areas:
- Basic Understandings
- Basic Goals
- Basic Structure
- Basic Environment
- Basic Out-of-Class Strategies
- Basic In-Class Strategies
- Basic Problems
Discipline Issues: What to Do About Specific Challenges ResourceWhen children's workers and teachers step back and objectively look at the situation, seek to discern the cause of the problem, and administer discipline accordingly, they have a greater likelihood of truly helping students learn and grow from it. Discipline goes from punishment to a training opportunity.
This 61 page reproducible resource includes the following:
- one page for each of 56 different issues, looking at the challenge these discipline issues bring, possible causes, and ways to correct and better yet circumvent (prevent) problems.
- a page of guidelines applicable to all specific issues which should be consistently applied regardless of the challenge
- a one page survey you may copy and distribute to teachers to determine issues for which they most need input if you do not wish to make a copy of the entire booklet for each teacher
- Absent Frequently
- Attention-Getting Behavior
- Biting or Hitting Other Students
- Bothering/Agitating Other Students
- Bragging, Know-It-All Students
- Bringing Toys and Other Objects from Home
- Chair Tipping
- Clingy, Over-Dependent
- Constantly Clowning Around
- Constantly or Excessively Moving
- Controlling: Needs to Have Own Way
- Crying When Children Dropped Off
- Disrespectful & Rude
- Easily Distracted, Inattentive
- Foul Language
- Fun Seeker
- Group of Students Stick Together and Cause Trouble
- Hyperactivity - ADHD
- Interrupting Constantly
- Late Arriving
- Name Calling
- Off Task Behavior
- Poor Listening Skills
- Revengeful, Out to Hurt Others
- Sibling Rivalry
- Staff Kids Misbehave
- Talking Incessantly/Inappropriately
- Tattling - Reporting Others' Misbehavior
- Teasing & Bullying
- Temper Tantrums
- Violent, Overly Aggressive Behavior
- Whining, Complaining, Sulking
- Withdrawn and Non-Participatory
Effectively Handling Classroom Discipline WorkbookThis 97 page workbook provides a broad, more comprehensive perspective on classroom discipline that uses God as the standard. When ordering the bundle on this page, you are permitted to make 25 copies to distribute to all your teachers or children's workers. They can work through it personally at their own pace and convenience or it can be used in a group setting with each person following along in their own book. Studying as a group enables your children's ministry staff to learn from one another.
The workbook includes the following topics:
Lesson 1: The Discipline Problem
Lesson 2: Discipline Styles
Lesson 3: A Biblical Perspective on Discipline
Lesson 4: The Use of Biblical Authority
Lesson 5: Lining Up with God's View of Mankind
Lesson 6: Understanding Human Behavior
Lesson 7: Using a Grid to Evaluate Discipline Tactics
Lesson 8: Problem Solving Opportunities
Lesson 9: Preventing Problems
Lesson 10: Resources Available to the Teacher
Scroll down to learn about Copying Permissions and what your need to know about the Download.
You have the following permissions for using the resources in this classroom discipline bundle for a group:
- You may make up to 25 copies of the Effectively Handling Classroom Discipline Workbook. Should you need more copies, you can order additional copies of the workbook.
- You may make unlimited copies of the Biblical Authority Worksheet, Discipline Issues Resource, and Handbook on the Basics of Classroom Discipline under the following conditions:
- Copies may not be distributed beyond your sphere of ministry.
- Copies may not be put in any format that would be sold.
- Copies may not be put in whole or in part onto a web site or into any other digital format.
About the Download
This bundle is available only as a download in a zip file with PDFs inside of it.
- Adobe Reader is required to open the PDF files.
- You will need a means of extracting files from a zip file which, on many computers, can be done simply by right clicking on the saved file and then choosing 'Extract All'. Be sure to always use the unzipped folder.
Due to the nature of a download, the order cannot be refunded once it is placed.
Download links expire after 10 days so be sure to download it within that time if you do not retrieve it immediately at the bottom of the final page after payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to set up a password during checkout if you do not plan to retrieve your download immediately. Guest accounts cannot get the download at a later time.