Effective Prayer Ministry
Planning Strategies for Effective Corporate Prayer - Praying Together
Church leaders can pursue the relational aspect in prayer, understand its purpose, be impassioned, view prayer as a priority, know its power, adhere to scriptural principles, and make it a personal practice in their own lives, and still not have a praying local church body. Why? How can that be?
is not a lack
prayer support teams
is not a lack
- Search in online stores using the word prayer and you'll find thousands of items. (Clicking on the link will take you to one of our affiliate stores.)
The reason for prayerlessness may be a lack of strategic planning.
Notice the adjective before planning -- strategic. Having effective corporate prayer is not just a matter of scheduling some meetings or developing a program. To truly be a church of prayer is to engage in spiritual warfare. What nation would go into battle without carefully planning their strategy? To do so would undoubtedly lead to failure.
- They assess their situation.
- They train their troops.
- They know the enemy and his tactics.
- They have a chain of command.
The Prayer Ministry Manual expounds on each of the above points that should be a part of strategic planning for how they relate to planning for corporate prayer. It also includes a church-wide survey you are permitted to copy and use so you are able to strategically plan based on an assessment of where your people are in regard to prayer.
For More on what will help you develop and maintain an effective Prayer Ministry, read the following:
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Personal Relationship
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Having the Right Purposes for Praying
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires A Passion for Prayer
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it is a Priority
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Adherence to Biblical Principles
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires and Results in Power
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it be a Permanent Practice
- Planning Strategies for Effective Corporate Prayer (this post)
- Preparing Others to Join Your Prayer Efforts
- Promoting Prayer Successfully