Back to School & Teacher Appreciation Day Ministry Resources
God wants to use those who trust in Him regardless of their level of education. Here are resources to assist in making the most of schooling, whatever and wherever it may be.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources such as options (public, Christian school, homeschool), higher education, campus ministries, teacher appreciation, and other miscellaneous resources including school violence.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional back to school ministry resources.
Here are some Resources to Help You Express Gratitude on Teachers Appreciation Day.
Teacher Appreciation Gifts Ideas
- Bags, Totes, and Coolers for Teachers
- Desk Organizers & Caddies
- Drinkware: Mugs, Tumblers, Fruit Infusers, Water Bottles for Teacher & Staff Appreciation
- Food & Candy Gift Ideas
- Gift Sets for Teacher Appreciation
- Key Chains & Rings that can be Imprinted
- Pens for Teachers
- Teacher Lapel Pins
Miscellaneous Help for Teachers & Staff Appreciation Celebration
General Info About Making School Choices
- How Can I Sort Through All The Different Schooling Options For My Children?
- The School Choice: Public school, private school or homeschool?
- School Choices: What's Best for Your Child? by Jan Sheble
Option: Christian Schools
- American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Christian Schools International Member School Directory
- Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay Clarkson with Sally Clarkson
- Homeschooling Methods: Seasoned Advice on Learning Styles by Paul Suarez, Gena Suarez
- So You're Thinking About Homeschooling, Revised by Lisa Whelchel
- The Guidance Manual for the Christian Home School: A Parent's Guide for Preparing Home School Students for College or Career by David & Laurie Callihan
- The McGraw-Hill Homeschooling Companion by Laura Saba
Option: Public Schools
- Navigating Public Schools: Charting a Course to Protect Your Child's Christian Faith and Worldview by Stephen & Sarah Williams
- Serving Local Schools: Bring Christ's Compassion to the Core of Your Community by Chuck Bomar
Engage in Outreach & Discipleship through Campus Ministries
Organizations Promoting Campus Ministry:
Resources for Higher Education: College, Graduate School, Seminary
- 99 Thoughts For College-Age People by Chuck Bomar
- College Bound: What Christian Parents Need to Know About Helping Their Kids Choose a College by Thomas A. Shaw
- College Ministry from Scratch: A Practical Guide to Start and Sustain a Successful College Ministry by Chuck Bomar
- Everything You Need to Know Before College by Matthew Paul Turner
- Freshman: The College Student's Guide to Developing Wisdom by Mark Matlock
- How to Stay Christian in College by J. Budziszewski
- Student to Student: A Guide to College Life by Paul Buchanan, Paula Miller
- The Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief & Behavior During the University Years by Steven Garber
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Christian in College: Don't Forget to Pack Your Faith by Jeff Baxter
- Welcome to College: A Christ-Follower's Guide for the Journey by Jonathan Morrow
General Educational Helps
- Educational and Career Materials & Assessments by PeopleKeys - DISC
- Graduation Resources
- Lanyards & Badge Holders
- Baker's Guide to Christian Distance Education Site
Praying for Students & Their School Life
- How to Help Our Schools? Pray!
- How To Pray For Your Child's School
- Prayer for College Students
- Prayer for Graduating Students
- Prayer for Students
- Teacher's Prayer for Students
- Protecting Your Child through Prayer by Karen Scalf Linamen
- Power-Packed Prayers for Public Schools (50-pack)
School Violence / Shootings
- How Could a Loving God ... ?
- Six "T's" for Helping Kids through Trauma
- School Violence: Can You Keep Your Kids Safe?
- School Violence: How Can We Keep Our Children Safe?
- The Church's Response to Evil Acts
- The "missing link" to school violence?
Bible Teachers, Learn to Help Students Process Crisis:
May God protect the hearts and minds of students. Use these Back to School ministry resources to help them do what they do well, but always point them to the Lord as their true Source of help and identity.