Resources for Premarital Counseling and Weddings
On their wedding day couples make vows to love and cherish one another. Here are resources to prepare for and officiate this special ceremony.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources related to weddings -- premarital counseling, officiating a wedding, resources for the ceremony, and more.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional wedding resources.
Resources for Premarital Counseling
- Book: Before You Say 'I Do': A Marriage Preparation Manual for Couples - Workbook by H. Norman Wright
- Book: Before You Say "I Do" Devotional: Building a Spiritual Foundation for Your Life Together by H. Norman Wright
- Book: The Premarital Counseling Handbook by H. Norman Wright
- Book: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
- Curriculum: Before You Say 'I Do' DVD Curriculum by H. Norman Wright
- Curriculum: Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Curriculum Kit by Dr. Les Parrott, Dr. Leslie Parrott
Resources for Officiating Weddings
- Articles: Misc. Wedding Resources - planning guide, pre-marriage counseling and wedding policies, forms and checklists, pastor's policy statement for weddings sample wedding vows, wedding ceremony samples
- Certificates: Marriage Certificates
- Handbook / Manual for Pastors: A Contemporary Handbook for Weddings & Funerals and Other Occasions by Aubrey Malphurs
- Handbook / Manual for Pastors: Baker's Wedding Handbook by Paul Engle
- Handbook / Manual for Pastors: The Pastor's Wedding Manual by Jim Henry
- Handbook / Manual for Pastors: The Wedding Collection: 26 Basic Wedding Ceremonies for Pastors by Morris H. Chapman
Resources for the Wedding Ceremony
- Bulletins: Wedding Bulletins - Programs
- Guest Books: Wedding Guest Books
- Music: Sheet Music for Weddings
- Music: Other Wedding Music
- Bible: KJV Wedding Bible White French Morocco (Leather Bound) by Baker Publishing Group
- Bible: KJV Wedding Bible White Imitation (Imitation Leather) by Baker Publishing Group
- Bible: NIV Bride's Bible Deluxe Edition, (Leather Bound) by Zondervan
- Bible: NIV Bride's Bible, Italian Duo-Tone, White by Zondervan
- Bible: The Flower Girl Bible, NIV by Zondervan
Organizing & Planning the WeddingPlease note that not all of these resources are written from a Christian perspective but are included to give a sense of the planning details.
- Book: A Christ-Centered Wedding: Rejoicing in the Gospel on Your Big Day by Catherine Strode Parks, Linda Strode
- Book: The Complete Wedding Planner & Organizer by Alex A. Lluch
- Book: The Everything Wedding Organizer: Checklists, Charts, and Worksheets for Planning the Perfect Day! by Shelly Hagen
- Book: The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiguette, Calendars by Carley Roney
Reflections on Marriage
- Article: The Wedding is Just One Special Day
Other Miscellaneous Resources for Weddings
May God work in the hearts of couples to commit to selflessness and mutual submission to one another. These wedding resources can help make that day special but God's love is what will sustain them.
You Might Also Be Interested in: