Christian Outreach Ministry: Overview
Outreach Ministry is About God, Not Us
God provided for the salvation of the world through Jesus' death on the cross.
For God so loved the world that He gave
His one and only Son, that whoever believes
in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God is the One who seeks and saves (Lk. 19:10), revealing Himself to people (Matt. 11:27; 16:15-17), and drawing people to Himself (Jn. 6:44).
If God did not do the seeking, saving, revealing, and drawing of people to Himself, all of our outreach efforts would be meaningless and fruitless.
God initiates the outreach process by . . .
- assuring people of the reality of His love
so people can feel and experience for themselves
- answering their doubts
so people can know and believe
- awakening their faith
so people hear and respond as "faith comes by hearing"
- authenticating His message of reconciliation
so people see and become accountable
God uses believers in the process as . . .
- we go to God on their behalf
intercessory prayer, standing in the gap
- we go to people as His ambassadors
missions, one-on-one witnessing, visitation, door-to-door, church planting, etc.
God uses Christians in outreach ministry to help . . .
- assure people of His love through consideration and compassion
benevolence, community outreach
- answer people's doubts through correction of misconceptions
- awaken people's faith through communication of God's Word
preaching and proclaiming (crusades, open air), teaching (one-on-one, neighborhood Bible studies)
- authenticate the message by characterization through reflection
The Outreach Ministry Manual includes this content along with some Scripture and questions to help you think through where your church or ministry is putting the spotlight.