Nuts & Bolts Ministry: Overview of Service-Oriented Ministries
A number of ministries within the church are vital but difficult to put into a specific category. These are being called Nuts and Bolts Ministries because they are so important to the on-going work of the church that without them, so much would fall apart or be less effective. Though often behind-the-scenes, these service-oriented ministries are ever so essential to holding things together that they are an integral part of church life.
List of Nuts and Bolts, Service-Oriented Ministries:
The list below suggests some nuts and bolts types of ministries along with specific ministry tasks they might include. This is by no means an exhaustive list.
Clerical / Office Ministry
administrative assistants (formerly known as church secretaries), financial management
promotion, newsletter, website, social media, multimedia presentations (PowerPoint), writing
Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Ministry
janitors, cleaning crew, landscaping
greeters, reception desk, parking lot attendants
Staff Support Ministry
assistants, deacons / deaconesses, researchers, prayers, teacher's helpers
sound, lighting, computer IT
Other Service-Oriented Ministry
ushers, library, transportation
What's Important to Know About Nuts and Bolts Ministry:
Click on the links within the points listed below to learn more.
- God empowers people to serve in these ways through spiritual gifts.
- The contribution of people serving in these ministries is needed and should be valued.
- Nuts and Bolts types of ministries are essential to the big picture.
- God's Word provides guiding principles for this kind of ministry.
- People in Nuts and Bolts types of ministries need to keep perspective of what is most important.
Get the content from this Nuts & Bolts Ministry training section, plus more, in the Nuts & Bolts Ministry Manual.
For Additional Helps: Nuts & Bolts Ministry Resources