Church Leadership Ministry: Overview
While a church or ministry organization needs leaders responsible for the big picture, it also needs leaders to tend to all areas of the ministry.
Balance and health come when ministries form leadership teams seeking the service of different types of leaders without letting the diversity lead to competition or comparison. Understanding the factors covered in this training section will help.
Factors to Consider in Regard to Church Leadership Ministry
(Clicking on a bold title will take you to more on that factor.)
- Acceptance of this factor affects who we let serve as leaders.
- It recognizes God's unique call on people's lives.
- Acceptance of this factor affects how or where we let people serve as leaders.
- It recognizes the need to think outside of the box, to be open to placing people in capacities that best fit them.
- Acceptance of this factor affects what changes we embrace and crisis we seek to avoid.
- It recognizes the resources God has given to face the challenges.
- Acceptance of this factor affects how we want to be known as a church or ministry organization.
- It recognizes that leadership can bend the balance of the church culture.
- Acceptance of this factor affects what we use as a measurement of ministry success.
- It recognizes that the ultimate critique is what matters to God and not the bent of the leader.
The Leadership Ministry Manual includes this content plus opportunity to reflect on and rate your church on how healthy it is in regard to the above factors.
You may also be interested in: Church Ministry Leadership Resources