Valentine's Day Ministry Resources
This Valentine's Day let's express the love of God to one another. These resources can help you focus on His love. Click on a tab below to view a list of resources about Valentine's Day.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Valentine's Day ministry resources.
History, Symbols, & Traditions of Valentine's Day
- Article: Annie's Valentines History Page
- Article: History of Valentine's Day
- Article: Then Again, Maybe Don't Be My Valentine - Does Saint Valentine's Day have its origins in Christian tradition?
- Article: What is the origin of Valentine's Day and should Christians celebrate it?
- Article: Valentine's Day History: Who Is St. Valentine? - How Did St. Valentine's Day Begin?
- Article: Valentine's Day Symbols
- Book: Hearts, Cupids and Red Roses: The Story of the Valentines Symbols
Resources & Ideas for Children's Ministry at Valentine's Day
- Article: Learning about St. Valentine for Kidmin
- Article: Let's Talk about Love
- Banner & Craft Idea: 1 Corinthians 13 "Love Is" Banner & Valentines Craft
- Book: Let's Show God's Love on Valentine's Day by Greg Holder
- Book: The Holidays with Scripture by Dorla Schlitt
- Book: The Story of Valentine's Day by Nancy Skarmeas
- Booklet: My Valentine for Jesus by Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton
- Coloring Cards: Valentine's Day Coloring Cards
- Craft Idea: 3-D Hearts to Show God's Multi-Dimensional Love
- Craft Idea: John 3:16 Valentine Verse (Kids Valentine Craft & Scripture Lesson)
- Craft Supplies: Heart Foam Shapes w/ Adhesive - 500 pcs. at SSWW
- Craft Supplies: Heart Bead Assortment (bag of approx. 220 hearts) at SSWW
- Craft Supplies: Wooden Hearts (pack of 25) at SSWW
- DVD: Veggie Tales: Lettuce Love One Another
- Ideas: Valentine's Activities for Kids Church
- Lesson Idea: Elementary Sunday School Lesson: Valentine's Day
- Lesson Idea: Preschool Sunday School Lesson: Valentine's Day
- Stickers: Valentine Stickers
- Tracts: Most Of All Jesus Loves You! Tracts (pack of 25)
- Tracts: A Valentine for You Tracts (pack of 25)
Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day
Devotional, Sermon, Teaching Ideas for Valentine's Day
- Article: Truths for Teaching About God's Love
- Article: Reminders for Teaching About God's Love
- Article: The Color of Love
- Article: Does the Bible Really Say All That About Romance? - The Bible pictures God as a passionate, pursuant, and perfect lover.
- Article: Love in the Bible
- Article: Valentine's Day Is . . . But God's Love Is . . .
- Article: Valentine's (Love) Women's Ministry Themes
- Ideas for Youth Lessons: Why Wait For Sex?
Church Supplies for Valentine's Day
- Bulletins: Celebrate Love Bulletins
- Bulletins: Celebrate Love (Matthew 22:37 KJV) Bulletins
- Bulletins: Celebrate the Love Bulletins
- Bulletins: Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman) Bulletins
- Bulletins: Love Extravagantly - Trust Steadily In God Bulletins
- Bulletins: Love The Lord Your God Bulletins
Other Valentine's Day Ideas and Resources
- Article: Valentine's Day: Tie Teacher Training into Holidays
- Banner: Celebrate-Valentines Day Indoor Banner
- Border Trim: Borders & Accents for Valentine's Day
- Cards: Valentine's Cards at DaySpring
- Decorations: Heart Doilies, 6" (pack of 100) at SSWW
- Decorations: Hearts Cascade at SSWW
- Decorations: Valentine Hearts Centerpiece (pack of 3) at SSWW
- DVD: The First Valentine, DVD
- Game Idea: Valentine's Day Famous Couples
- Tracts: A Valentine for You - Pack of 25
- Tracts: Love Is . . . Tracts - Pack of 25
- Tracts: Love: Looking For The Real Thing? Tracts (pack of 25)
- Tracts: Love Worth Finding Tracts (pack of 25)
- Tracts: You're Special Tracts - Pack of 25
May you know and rely on God's love and pass it on to others. These Valentine's Day resources focus on one special day but God's love never ends.