Halloween Ministry Resources
Halloween is not a Christian holiday so believers need to work through issues related to it. These resources can help you do that as well as provide ideas for alternatives.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources about Halloween's orgin, views toward it, alternatives to it, and ideas for children's ministry and other resources.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Halloween ministry resources.
History of Halloween
- Article: A Christian Perspective on the Holiday: History Page
- Article: Christians and Halloween: The Pagan Origin of Halloween
- Article: Halloween History
- Article: Halloween Origins
- Article: Halloween: the Meaning, History and Christian Response
- Article: Origin of Halloween - Through the Years
- Article: Origin of Halloween Colors
- Article: What are the origins of Halloween?
- Book: Facts on Halloween: What Christians Need to Know by John Ankerberg & John Weldon
- Book: Halloween: What You Need to Know by Ron Rhodes
The Occult & Halloween
What are some alternative activities for Christians at Halloween?
- Article: 4 Fall Festival Alternatives for Kids Ministry
- Article: 5 Fun Halloween Alternatives
- Article: 25 Great Ways to Redeem Halloween for Your Children's Ministry
- Article: Christian Alternatives to Halloween
- Article: Five Halloween Alternatives: Fun ways to change the focus of this day
- Article: Halloween Alternative Ideas for Family Fun
- Article: Halloween Alternatives for Your Family
- Article: Harvest Party Ideas
- Article: Secrets to Planning a Wildly Successful Fall Festival
- Article: What are some Christian Halloween ideas?
- Book: Redeeming Halloween by Kim Wier, Pam McCune
- Book: Halloween: What's a Christian to Do? by Steve Russo
- Resource: Kingdom Fest: Fall Fun for Families Kit by Group Publishing
Children's Ministry Ideas and Resources for Teaching Children at Halloween
- Book: Halloween: Is It for Real? by Harold Myra
- Book: I'm Not Scared of Halloween Night by Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton
- Book: Let's Shine Jesus' Light on Halloween by Diane Stortz
- Book: Mommy, Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween? by Linda Hacon Winwood
- Book: The Pumpkin Gospel: A Story of a New Start with God by Dr. Mary Manz Simon
- Book: The Pumpkin Gospel Board Book by Mary Manz Simon
- Book: The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Coloring Card: Halloween Coloring Card
- Lesson: Jesus in Me
- Lesson: Shine the Light on Halloween (Elementary)
- Lesson: Shine the Light on Halloween (Preschool)
- Lesson: Shine the Light on Halloween (Preteen)
- Lesson: Take the Scare Out of Halloween (Preteen)
- Lesson: Take the Spooky Out of Halloween (Preschool)
- Lesson: The Pumpkin Gospel Presentation
- Tracts: Go to 'Ideas' tab for tracts under 'Evangelism Ideas for Halloween Outreach'.
Devotionals, Sermons, Teaching Ideas for around the Halloween Holiday
- Article: Halloween Is ...
- Article: Halloween in Light of the Scriptures
- Article: What Does the Bible Say About. . .? (scroll down a little on the page this takes you to)
Evangelism Ideas for Halloween Outreach
- Article: 5 Ways to be Missional During Halloween
- Book: The Pumpkin Gospel by Mary Manz Simon (for ages 3 and up)
- Book: The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs (for children)
- Tracts: A Halloween Quiz (pack of 25)
- Tracts: A Halloween Tale Tract (pack of 25)
- Tracts: A Pumpkin Maze Tract (pack of 25)
- Tracts: Free Candy Halloween Tract by Memory Cross Cards (24 pack)
- Tracts: Halloween: Steps To Peace With God Tract (pack of 25)
- Tracts: Hidden Halloween Words Tract (pack of 25)
- Tracts: Hidden Treat Tract (pack of 25)
- Tracts: Light-Up-The-Night Tract (pack Of 25)
- Tracts: The Perfect Pumpkin Tract (pack of 25)
Here's Help Thinking Through Views on Christians Celebrating Halloween
- Article: A Look at Halloween
- Article: Can Halloween Be an Entirely Innocent Practice?
- Article: Christians and Halloween
- Article: Halloween Alternatives? Join In? Totally Reject?
- Article: Is Halloween a Witches' Brew?
- Article: Matters of Opinion: Hallowing Halloween
- Article: Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?
- Article: Should Christians celebrate Halloween?
- Article: Should Christians participate in the Halloween holiday?
- Article: Tips for Bible Teachers Dealing with Issues About Halloween
- Article: What about Halloween?
May good triumph over evil at this holiday and every day in your life and in those you serve. These Halloween ministry resources are merely a starting point to thinking about it. God Himself brings the victory through Christ Jesus.