Labor Day and the Workplace Ministry Resources
God says to work "as if you were serving the Lord, not people" (Eph. 6:7). Here are resources that relate to working - our jobs - which is no exception for following this command. Click on a tab below to view a list of resources about the workplace or the Labor Day holiday.
General Info about Labor and Labor Day
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Labor Day Celebrations, Traditions, History
- Labor Day History & Information Page
- Why do we celebrate Labor Day?
- Why do we celebrate work?
Lessons, Devotionals About Labor, Working
- 90 Days in the Word for Business Professionals by Lawrence Kimbrough
- Made to Matter: Devotions for Working Christians by Randy Kilgore
Job Hunting Helps
- Career Crossover: Leaving the Marketplace for Ministry by Tom Harper
- Career Choice Workbook by PeopleKeys
General Information about Working & the Workplace
- 5 Ways to Shine Your Light in the Workplace
- Christian Values in Business - How important is Integrity?
- Christians at Work: What it really looks like to unite our jobs and faith
- Closing the Sunday-Moday Gap: Recognizing the Importance of our Work Life as Christians
- Faith & Work Facts
- How Do Your Co-Workers View You?
- The Workplace as Our Mission Field
- Workplace Ethics
- Workplace evangelism
- Business Solutions: Materials to enrich and enhance workplace relationships & organization by PeopleKeys
- Business by the Book : The Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace by Larry Burkett
- Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business by Wayne Grudem
- Communication at Work by H. Norman Wright
- Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God's Work by Timothy Keller
- Executive Influence: Impacting Your Workplace for Christ by Christopher A. Crane & Mike Hamel
- Faith & Work: Do They Mix? by Os Hillman
- God in the Marketplace: Experiencing His Will in Your Work by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby
- Life @ Work: Marketplace Success for People of Faith by John C. Maxwell
- Loving Monday: Succeeding in Business Without Selling Your Soul by John D. Beckett
- TGIF: Today God is First by Os Hillman
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People by Gary Chapman, Paul White
- The 9 to 5 Window: How Faith Can Transform The Workplace by Os Hillman
- The Ten Commandments of Working in a Hostile Environment by T.D. Jakes
- There's No Such Thing as "Business" Ethics: There's Only One Rule for Making Decisions by John C. Maxwell
- Workplace Grace: Becoming A Spiritual Influence At Work by William Carr Peel, Th.M.
- Your Work Matters to God by Doug Sherman, William Hendricks
You Might Also Be Interested In: Boss's Day & Administrative Professionals Day Resources
May your light shine in the workplace, in whatever you job may be. Let these ministry resources for Labor Day and the workforce serve as a reminder to work as unto the Lord in your places of employment.