Sports & Recreational Outreach Ministry Resources
Sports and other leisure or recreational activities can provide great relationship-building opportunities and hence can be good for outreach and discipleship.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources for outreach ministry within these different sports and recreational areas.
Sports Can be an Effective Means for Outreach Ministry
- 4 Critical Christian values Taught In Sports
- A Sporting Chance - How churches are responding to the sports phenomenon in kid culture today.
- Kid's Sports ... How It's Become an Idol to Families
- Should Your Homeschooler Play Sports At Your Local School?
- Sick and Tired of Competing With Sports
- Sports Parenting: 4 Tips for Parents of Athletes
- Sports Parenting: How to Encourage Your Kids When They Lose the Game
- Teaming Up with Sports Families
- Excellence: The Heart and Soul in Sports by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Integrity: The Heart and Soul in Sports by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Serving: The Heart and Soul in Sports by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Teamwork: The Heart and Soul in Sports by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- The Heart of an Athlete: Daily Devotions for Peak Performance by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- The Heart of a Coach: Daily Devotions for Leading by Example by Fellowship of Christian Athletes
The Great Outdoors Display the Glory of God
Traveling & Vacations Expand Outreach Opportunities
- Educational Travel on a Shoestring: Frugal Family Fun and Learning Away from Home
- The Christian Traveler's Companion: The USA and Canada
- The Christian Travel Planner
- Vacations With A Purpose: A Handbook for Your Short-Term Missions Experience
- Vacations with a Purpose: A Planning Handbook for Your Short-Term Missions Team
Resources for Traveling:
TV / Video
Use the Media like TV & Video to the Glory of God
- DVDs at Nest Entertainment
No Matter What Your Sports or Recreational Interest, Be A Light Where You Are
For Rodeo / Cowboys:
These ministry resources serve as a reminder to let your light shine for Jesus in all you do, including sports and other recreational activities. Enjoy your times of leisure but remember that we never break from loving and glorifying Him.