Sunday School Curriculum, Resources, & Supplies
Sunday School has been used by God through the years as a means of nurturing spiritual growth in His people. It has also been a platform for outreach and assimilation of newcomers into church life. While the Sunday School programs in many churches might need to be revitalized, it still has potential to fulfill these objectives. Here are some resources to help.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources of general Sunday School help, or for Sunday School curriculum, other resources, or for help in the administration of or teaching in this church program.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Sunday School ministry resources.
- What to Look for in Choosing Curriculum
- Blame Curriculum If Teaching Not Going Well?
- The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
Options in Sunday School Curriculum to Fit Your Situation
- Looking for something suitable for multiple ages in one class?
13 Very ... Small Group Solutions for Kids - Standard Publishing
For: mixed-age classes of children ages 6 through 12
"ideal for use during adult small groups, at house churches, in Sunday school, and with evening programs in smaller churches. Sessions are geared to a range of ages, and there's almost no prep required."
All in One Sunday School - Group Publishing
For: mixed-age classes of children ages 4 through 12
"will work in any ministry, but it's especially great for smaller churches that combine classes every Sunday. Also good for large churches that combine ages during summer and for any other multi-age class setting"
All Together Now by Group Publishing
For: mixed-age classes of children ages 4 through 12
"It's a great resource for smaller churches, midweek services, or anytime you have children of different ages together in church."
- Looking for graded curriculum but synchronized for all ages (same Bible truth for each group)?
Answers Bible Curriculum - Answers in Genesis
For: Preschool, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6, Jr. High, High School, Adults
"a full-featured, chronological, 3-year Sunday school program. ... Each group covers Genesis through Revelation and learns the same material - but at different levels of depth - empowering exciting and easy discussion for the entire family"
Faith Weaver NOW - Group Publishing
For: Infants - Toddlers & 2s, Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6, Middle School/Jr. High, High School/Sr. High, Adults/Parents
"supports the family as the primary setting for spiritual growth by having each family member cover the same Bible story in their class. ... Learners explore the Old Testament chronologically during the summer and fall quarters. Winter and spring quarters, lessons focus on the New Testament."
- Looking for graded curriculum with a Small Group / Large Group structure?
Living Inside Out - Group Publishing
For: Preschool, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
"combines high-energy large groups and relationship-building small groups to inspire kids to live out their faith everyday, everywhere ... in front of everyone"
Grapple - Group Publishing
"Grapple Preteen Sunday School answers kids' tough questions with strong answers from the Bible. These non-dated Sunday school lessons last 45 to 90 minutes, are customizable, and focus on helping preteens grapple with Biblical answers to their common questions."
- Looking for graded curriculum that requires low preparation?
Buzz - Group Publishing
For: Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6
"made for busy volunteers - sweet and simple - but still created for the faith growth that you expect from Group. If it's in the lesson, it's in the box - and lesson prep's as simple as praying for kids in the class."
- Looking for graded curriculum with lots of active, hands-on learning?
Hands On Bible Curriculum - Group Publishing
For: Toddlers & 2s, Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6
"age-appropriate, hands-on colorful, fun gizmos that lead kids straight to the heart of a Bible lesson and make it easier to remember ... teaching tools in the Learning Lab let you capture the attention of even your bounciest child!"
- Looking for DVD based curriculum?
- Looking for other types of Sunday School Curriculum?
- HeartShaper: Toddlers - Grade 6 - by Standard Publishing"Children of all ages discover God's love and interact with the Bible in a way that helps them connect to God, Jesus, the church, family, and others."
- Lesson Quarterly: Adults - by Standard Publishing"takes students through a six-year plan to survey the Bible."
General Information about Sunday School
- Building Blocks for Sunday School Growth by Bo Prosser, Michael McCullar, Charles Qualls
- Rediscovering the Sunday School by Talmadge Johnson, Stan Johnson
- Revitalizing the Sunday Morning Dinosaur by Ken Hemphill
- Sunday School Changes Everything: Your Church's Best Opportunity to Reach the Next Generation for Christ by Henrietta C. Mears
- Sunday School in HD: Sharpening the Focus on What Makes Your Church Healthy by Allan Taylor
- Sunday School That Really Excels: Real Life Examples of Churches with Healthy Sunday Schools by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Really Responds: Wisdom for Confronting Common Sunday School Emergencies by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Really Works: A Strategy for Connecting Congregations and Communities by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Works!: The Complete Guide to Maximize Your Childrens Ministry's Impact by Christine Yount Jones
- What Every Pastor Should Know About Sunday School by Elmer L. Towns, Stan Toler
Administrative Help for Sunday School Programs
- Measuring Effectiveness of Sunday School Ministry
- So, You Were Asked to be the Sunday School Superintendent!
- Sunday School During Summer Months
- How to Have a Great Sunday School by Wes & Sheryl Haystead
- Sunday School Attendance Boosters: 165 Fresh and New Ideas by Group Publishing Inc
- Sunday School Promo Pages by Sheryl Haystead
- Sunday School Smart Pages by Wes Haystead
- Appreciation Certificates for Sunday School Workers
- Certificates for Recognition
- Promotion Certificates
Follow-Up Connection Cards
Records - Record Keeping Supplies
- Attendance Pads, Books, Etc.
- Faith that Sticks Progress Charts for Attendance, Memory Verse Memorization, etc.
- More Attendance Charts
- Record Keeping Books
- Record Keeping Envelopes
Sunday School Room Decor & Furnishing
- Classroom Furniture, Tables, Boards, Storage Supplies
- Borders, Trim, Banners
- Posters for Classroom Walls
- Rugs (carpets that illustrate Bible truths)
Help for Sunday School Teachers:
- Factors to Consider in Sunday School Teachers Training
- Effective & Creative Bible Teaching
- Students Evaluating Their Teachers
- Sunday School Teaching as a Shepherding Ministry
- Help! I'm a Sunday School Teacher! by Ray Johnston
- What Every Sunday School Teacher Should Know by Elmer L. Towns
Teacher Training Resources:
May God use the Sunday School at your church to build up His people. These resources will help but always remember to seek God's wisdom for how to use these ideas in your setting to truly makes a difference.