Sunday School Curriculum, Resources, & Supplies
Sunday School has been used by God through the years as a means of nurturing spiritual growth in His people. It has also been a platform for outreach and assimilation of newcomers into church life. While the Sunday School programs in many churches might need to be revitalized, it still has potential to fulfill these objectives. Here are some resources to help.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources with general help for Sunday School, or for Sunday School curriculum, supplies, or for help in the administration of or teaching in this church program.
- What to Look for in Choosing Curriculum
- Blame Curriculum If Teaching Not Going Well?
- The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
Options in Sunday School Curriculum to Fit Your Situation
- Looking for something suitable for multiple ages in one class?
- Looking for graded curriculum but synchronized for all ages (same Bible truth for each group)?
Answers Bible Curriculum - Answers in Genesis
For: Preschool, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6, Jr. High, High School, Adults
"a full-featured, chronological, 3-year Sunday school program. ... Each group covers Genesis through Revelation and learns the same material - but at different levels of depth - empowering exciting and easy discussion for the entire family"
Faith Weaver NOW - Group Publishing
For: Infants - Toddlers & 2s, Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6, Middle School/Jr. High, High School/Sr. High, Adults/Parents
"supports the family as the primary setting for spiritual growth by having each family member cover the same Bible story in their class. ... Learners explore the Old Testament chronologically during the summer and fall quarters. Winter and spring quarters, lessons focus on the New Testament."
- Looking for graded curriculum that's less complicated?
Simply Loved - Group Publishing
For: Pre-K & Kindergarten, Elementary
"makes Sundays less complicated by removing recruiting stress leading to less volunteer burnout, shortening your supply list, & captivating kids with memorable lessons"
- Looking for graded curriculum with lots of active, hands-on learning?
Hands On Bible Curriculum - Group Publishing
For: Toddlers & 2s, Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-6
"age-appropriate, hands-on colorful, fun gizmos that lead kids straight to the heart of a Bible lesson and make it easier to remember ... teaching tools in the Learning Lab let you capture the attention of even your bounciest child!"
- Looking for curriculum geared to preteens?
Be Bold Fearless Preteen Curriculum - Group Publishing
"Be Bold curriculum gives preteens exactly what they need - validation of their faith questions, and a place to connect as they explore those questions together. Together, leaders and preteens explore the bible and dive into bold discussions and bold action building a bold faith."
- Looking for Video based curriculum?
- Video Bible Studies at StudyGateway (can be played on your Computer, TV, Mobile Device)
- Adult DVD Video Curriculum
- Youth (Teen) DVD Video Curriculum
- Children's DVD Curriculum
- Looking for other types of Sunday School Curriculum?
- HeartShaper: Toddlers - Grade 6 - by Standard Publishing"Children of all ages discover God's love and interact with the Bible in a way that helps them connect to God, Jesus, the church, family, and others."
- Lesson Quarterly: Adults - by Standard Publishing"takes students through a six-year plan to survey the Bible."
- Rio Digital Sunday school Curriculum: Early Elementary, Elementary, Pre-Teen - by David C Cook"RIO = Relational. Intentional. Overflow. ... keeps the focus on God and His grand story and character instead of focusing on the individual Bible stories or characters"
- Even More Sunday School Curriculum
General Information about Sunday School
- Is Sunday School Dying?
- Is the Sunday School Name Too Old-Fashioned for Children’s Ministry?
- So, what about Sunday School?
- Building Blocks for Sunday School Growth by Bo Prosser, Michael McCullar, Charles Qualls
- Sunday School Changes Everything: Your Church's Best Opportunity to Reach the Next Generation for Christ by Henrietta C. Mears
- Sunday School in HD: Sharpening the Focus on What Makes Your Church Healthy by Allan Taylor
- Sunday School That Really Excels: Real Life Examples of Churches with Healthy Sunday Schools by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Really Responds: Wisdom for Confronting Common Sunday School Emergencies by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Really Works: A Strategy for Connecting Congregations and Communities by Steve R. Parr
- Sunday School That Works!: The Complete Guide to Maximize Your Childrens Ministry's Impact by Christine Yount Jones
- What Every Pastor Should Know About Sunday School by Elmer L. Towns, Stan Toler
Administrative Help for Sunday School Programs
- Measuring Effectiveness of Sunday School Ministry
- Rebuilding Your Sunday School Is Like Starting a New One
- So, You Were Asked to be the Sunday School Superintendent!
- Sunday School During Summer Months
- How to Have a Great Sunday School by Wes & Sheryl Haystead
- Sunday School Attendance Boosters: 165 Fresh and New Ideas by Group Publishing Inc
- Sunday School Promo Pages by Sheryl Haystead
Follow-Up Connection Cards
Records - Record Keeping Supplies
Sunday School Room Decor & Furnishing
- Borders, Trim, Accents
- Carpet for Kids - Always Be Joyful
- Carpet for Kids - Fruit of the Spirit
- Carpet for Kids - God is Love
- Carpet for Kids - Noah's Voyage
- Posters for Classroom Walls
Help for Sunday School Teachers:
- A Sunday School Teacher's Goals
- A Sunday School Teacher's Methods and Materials
- A Sunday School Teacher's Life
- Effective & Creative Bible Teaching
- Factors to Consider in Sunday School Teachers Training
- How can Busy Sunday School Teachers Do It All?
- Shepherding Sunday School Teachers Build Relationships with Students
- Students Evaluating Their Teachers
- Sunday School Teachers' Greatest Resource
- Sunday School Teachers Role & Qualifications
- Disciple-Making Encounters: Revolutionary Sunday School by Darryl Wilson
- Help! I'm a Sunday School Teacher! by Ray Johnston
- What Every Sunday School Teacher Should Know by Elmer L. Towns
Teacher Training Resources:
May God use the Sunday School at your church to build up His people. These resources will help but always remember to seek God's wisdom for how to use these ideas in your setting to truly makes a difference.