Vacation Bible School Curriculum and VBS Theme Supplies
Click on a tab below to check out VBS curriculum from some of the major Vacation Bible School curriculum publishers as well a list of what might still be available from previous years.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional VBS curriculum resources.
Answers in Genesis
2018 VBS Curriculum from Answers in Genesis:(available January 2018)
- Theme: Time Lab VBS by Answers in Genesis
"Imagine traveling through time and meeting the most important man ever -a man who was not just a man, but also God. One who turned the world upside-down. One who existed outside of time."
- Day 1: Destination: CreationBible Passages: Genesis 1; John 1:1-3
Lesson Focus: Jesus always has been, always will be with us.
High Voltage Verse: All things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Col. 1:16-17)
Apologetics Focus: Jesus as a member of the Trinity
- Day 2: Destination: Old Testament LocationsBible Passages: Genesis 18, Exodus 3, Judges 6
Lesson Focus: Jesus always has been, always will be a promise keeper, from Old Testament times to forever..
High Voltage Verse: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Heb. 13:8)
Apologetics Focus: Prophecies made and fulfilled about Jesus.
- Day 3: Destination: VisitationBible Passages: Selected Verses
Lesson Focus: Jesus always has been, always will be ready to love and forgive those who want to become his child.
High Voltage Verse: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal live. (Jn. 3:16)
Apologetics Focus: Jesus is fully God and fully man.
- Day 4: Destination: PreparationBible Passages: Acts 1, John 14:2-3
Lesson Focus: Jesus always has been, always will be in charge, including when he reigns as King of kings in the new heavens and new earth.
High Voltage Verse: In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? (Jn. 14:2)
Apologetics Focus: Evidences of the resurrection of Jesus
- Day 5: Destination: CelebrationBible Passages: Revelation 21-22
Lesson Focus: Jesus always has been, always will be in charge, including when he reigns as King of kings in the new heaven and new earth.
High Voltage Verse: At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:10-11)
Apologetics Focus: Jesus on the New Earth
2018 VBS Curriculum from Group Publishing:(available December 2017)
- Theme: Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity VBS by Group Publishing
"Join Daniel - torn from his home and forced into the king's service. Explore exotic sights and smells in a Babylonian bazaar! Kids and adults will find that they're not much different from Daniel and his friends, who kept their faith in a faithless culture."
- Day 1: When things change, God is with you.
Key Bible Verse: For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never abandon you. (Heb. 13:5)
Bible Story: Enemies capture Daniel and his friends and take them to Babylon. (Daniel 1)
- Day 2: When you need help, God is with you.
Key Bible Verse: God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. (Ps. 46:1)
Bible Story: Daniel interprets Nebuchadnezzars dream. (Daniel 2)
- Day 3: When you're afraid, God is with you.
Key Bible Verse: Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. (Isa. 41:10)
Bible Story: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego survive a fiery furnace. (Daniel 3)
- Day 4: When you're lonely, God is with you.
Key Bible Verse: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (Matt. 28:20)
Bible Story: Daniel prays, even though it means he might get into trouble. (Daniel 6:1-16)
- Day 5: When you're thankful, God is with you.
Key Bible Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. (1 Chron. 16:34)
Bible Story: God saves Daniel from the lions. (Daniel 6:16-28)
- Theme: Shipwrecked: Rescued by Jesus VBS by Group Publishing
"Get ready for an adventure to an uncharted island where kids are Rescued by Jesus! ... where kids are anchored in the truth that Jesus carries them through life's storms."
- Day 1: When you're lonely ... Jesus rescues!
Key Bible Verse: The Lord will hold me close. (Ps. 27:10)
Bible Story: Jesus tells parables about lost things. (Luke 15)
- Day 2: When you worry ... Jesus rescues!
Key Bible Verse: The Lord comes to the rescue each time. (Ps. 34:19)
Bible Story: Martha worries and complains. (Luke 10:38-42)
- Day 3: When you struggle ... Jesus rescues!
Key Bible Verse: Be still, and know that I am God! (Ps. 46:10)
Bible Story: Jesus' friends try to rescue him in the garden of Gethsemane. (Luke 22:39-54; Matthew 26:36-56)
- Day 4: When you do wrong ... Jesus rescues.
Key Bible Verse: Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. (Jn. 16:33)
Bible Story: Jesus welcomes a criminal before dying and coming back to life. (Luke 23:26-24:12)
- Day 5: When you're powerless ... Jesus rescues!
Key Bible Verse: This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead. (Eph. 1:19-20)
Bible Story: Peter and John heal a lame man in Jesus' name. (Acts 3:1-26)
- 2017 Theme: Camp Out: Getting S'more of Jesus - Weekend VBS by Group Publishing
- 2017 Theme: Galactic Starveyors VBS by Lifeway
- 2017 Theme: Maker Fun Factory VBS by Group Publishing
- 2017 Theme: Operation Arctic VBS by Answers in Genesis
- 2017 Theme: Passport to Peru VBS by Group Publishing
- 2017 Theme: Rome Holy Land Adventure VBS by Group Publishing
- 2015 Theme: Camp Kilimanjaro VBS by Answers in Genesis
- 2015 Theme: SonSpark Labs: Discovering God's Plan 4 U = Jesus by Gospel Light
For more help for VBS:
- Administrative Helps & Other VBS Resources
- Coloring, Crafts, Games, & Skits (Drama) Resources
- VBS Timeline
Share This with Others: