Vacation Bible School Curriculum and VBS Theme Supplies
Click on a tab below to check out VBS curriculum from some of the major Vacation Bible School curriculum publishers as well a list of what might still be available from previous years.
Answers in Genesis
2019 VBS Curriculum from Answers in Genesis:
- Theme: The Incredible Race VBS by Answers in Genesis
"It's a race unlike anything you've ever experienced. A race filled with fun clues to find, loaded with interesting challenges to attempt, and a global scavenger hunt like you've never seen. At the same time, it's about another race. A race that began at the Garden of Eden and continues until this day, made up of all people from all time. What race? The human race. ... we'll make pit stops before, during, and after the Tower of Babel. Kids will discover how this event from the Bible matters today."
- Day 1: Ready, Set, Go: Before BabelBible Passages: Racing Through Genesis 1–11
Lesson Focus: As the race starts, we explore the beginning of the human race and how nobody was running a perfect race through life.
Mile Marker Memory Verse: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Rom. 3:23)
Apologetics Focus: The cycle of sin - How the world got divided into continents.
- Day 2: Hitting a Road Block: At BabelBible Passages: Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1–9)
Lesson Focus: On this leg of the race. we stop at the Tower of Babel and check out the important and loving roadblock God provided there.
Mile Marker Memory Verse: Its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the the face of all the earth. (Gen. 11:9)
Apologetics Focus: Ziggurats; Languages
- Day 3: One Race, Many Nations: After BabelBible Passages: The Table of Nations (Genesis 10; Psalm 139; Acts 17:26)
Lesson Focus: On leg three, we see how the human race develops into people groups with different languages, cultures, and physical features, but how we are still all one race.
Mile Marker Memory Verse: And he made from one man every nation. (Acts 17:26)
Apologetics Focus: One blood, one race; I've got DNA - why I look like I do
- Day 4: One Way - Jesus: Babel and the GospelBible Passages: The Gospel and a Glimpse of Heaven (Revelation 7:9–10)
Lesson Focus: On our fourth leg, we discover the need to yield our lives to God as he reaches out to all nations, tribes, and peoples with his love.
Mile Marker Memory Verse: The Father has sent his son to be the Savior of the World. (1 Jn. 4:14)
Apologetics Focus: God provides just one way to be saved.
- Day 5: Green Light - Go: Why Babel Matters TodayBible Passages: The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25–37)
Lesson Focus: On this final leg, we learn from Babel that because God loves us, we also ought to treat others with love and respect, not prejudice and judgement.
Mile Marker Memory Verse: If God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (1 Jn. 4:11)
Apologetics Focus: Fighting prejudice and racism
2019 VBS Curriculum from Group Publishing:
- Theme: Athens: Paul's Dangerous Adventure to Share the Truth VBS by Group Publishing
"Learn the jaw-dropping story of the Apostle Paul straight from Paul himself! In an ancient 'anything goes' culture, Paul will inspire kids to share the truth of God's immeasurable love today!"
- Day 1: God loves us all.
Bible Verse: The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation. (Ps. 145:9)
Bible Story: Paul begins his second missionary journey. (Acts 15:36-16:5)
- Day 2: God loves us and takes care of us.
Bible Verse: Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Pet. 5:7)
Bible Story: Paul and Silas are put in prison. (Acts 16:16-40)
- Day 3: God loves us when others don't.
Bible Verse: The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? (Ps. 118:6)
Bible Story: An angry mob searches for Paul and Silas. (Acts 17:1-9)
- Day 4: God loves us and sent His Son, Jesus.
Bible Verse: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (Jn. 3:16)
Bible Story: Paul preaches about Jesus. (Acts 17:16-34)
- Day 5: God loves us and wants us to share His love.
Bible Verse: Just as I have love you, you should love each other. (Jn. 13:34)
Bible Story: Paul continues His journey. (Acts 18:1-5)
- Theme: Roar! Life is Wild - God is good VBS by Group Publishing
"Get ready for an African adventure that engages the whole herd! Life is sometimes wild, but God is always good! ... kids discover a ferocious faith that powers them through this wild life."
- Day 1: When life is unfair ... God is good!
Bible Verse: The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. (Nah. 1:7)
Bible Story: The Israelites are slaves for the Egyptians. (Exodus 1; 5-6)
- Day 2: When life is scary ... God is good!
Bible Verse: Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid ... (Ps. 23:4)
Bible Story: God sends plagues on Egypt. (Exodus 7:14-12:32)
- Day 3: When life changes ... God is good!
Bible Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His faithful love endures forever. (Ps. 106:1)
Bible Story: The Israelites enter the wilderness. (Exodus 14-17)
- Day 4: When life is sad ... God is good!
Bible Verse: The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. (Ps. 34:18)
Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life. (John 16-21)
- Day 5: When life is good ... God is good!
Bible Verse: Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious. (Neh. 4:14)
Bible Story: The Israelites build a memorial to remember God's goodness. (Joshua 3-4)
- Theme: Yee Haw Weekend VBS by Group Publishing
"Saddle up for a trailblazing weekend of fun! Kids'll kick up their heels at Yee-Haw VBS as they stampede through the wild frontier and celebrate the greatest truth of all - God is good!"
- Day 1 - Bible Story: God sends Jesus to earth.
Scripture: Luke 2:1-20
- Day 2 - Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life.
Scripture: John 16–21)
2019 VBS Curriculum from Lifeway:
- Theme: In The Wild VBS by Lifeway
"... a wild adventure—with elephants and egrets, polar bears and penguins, cockatoos and crocodiles. As you seek out exotic animals, you’ll also find snapshots of real-life encounters with Jesus in Scripture. Kids go from bewildered to believing as they get In The Wild at this summer’s VBS."
- Day 1: Encounter in the TempleBible Passage: Lk. 2:41-52
Lesson Focus: Jesus as a Boy in His Father's Temple
- Day 2: Encounter at the River Bible Passage: Matt. 3:1-17
Lesson Focus: The Baptism of Jesus
- Day 3: Encounter on the WaterBible Passage: Matt. 14:22-33
Lesson Focus: Jesus and Peter Walk on the Water
- Day 4: Encounter at the TombBible Passage: Jn. 20:1-18
Lesson Focus: Mary Magdalene at the Empty Tomb
- Day 5: Encounter on the Road Bible Passage: Lk. 24:13-35
Lesson Focus: The Emmaus Disciples
For more help for VBS:
- Administrative Helps & Other VBS Resources
- Coloring, Crafts, Games, & Skits (Drama) Resources
- VBS Timeline