Leadership Ministry: Types of Leaders
God has provided three different types of church leaders, based on spiritual gifting, to bring health, balance, and growth to the Body of Christ.
Leadership Ministry Includes Different Types of Leaders Who Help the Church in Different Ways
1) Visionary leaders
- They are more goal-oriented.
- They help us see the potential God has for us.
- They help us "press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold" of us and not get stuck where we are or to think that we "have already obtained all this" (Phil. 3:12).
2) Administrative leaders
- They are more task-oriented.
- They help us "do it all for the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31).
- They help us by designing procedures and coordinating programs that enable us to do those good works.
3) Shepherding leaders
- They are more people-oriented.
- They help us by feeding us, protecting us, comforting us, encouraging us, warning us, and guiding us.
- They help us by their example to remember that we must do all we do willingly in and because of love. (1 Pet. 5:2-3; Jn. 21:15-17)
Balance, health, and growth
comes into a ministry when
all three of these types of
leadership are valued
and exercised in unity.
The Leadership Ministry Manual includes this content with some questions to guide you in thinking through the balance in church's leadership.Share This with Others:
These articles give examples of how the three types of leaders, working together, bring health and balance in specific areas of church life.