Leadership Ministry: Types of Leaders
God has provided three different types of church leaders, based on spiritual gifting, to bring health, balance, and growth to the Body of Christ.
Leadership Ministry Includes Different Types of Leaders Who Help the Church in Different Ways
1) Visionary leaders
- They are more goal-oriented.
- They help us "press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold" of us and not get stuck where we are or to think that we "have already obtained all this" (Phil. 3:12).
2) Administrative leaders
- They are more task-oriented.
- They help us "do it all for the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31).
3) Shepherding leaders
- They are more people-oriented.
- They help us by their example to remember that we must do all we do willingly in and because of love. (1 Pet. 5:2-3; Jn. 21:15-17)
Balance, health, and growth comes into a ministry when all three of these types of leadership gifts are valued and exercised in unity.
Learn More About How These Three Types of Leaders Working in Unity Bring Balance to the Church
The Leadership Ministry Manual takes a look at their effect on church life in general.
The Balance in Church Leadership Based on Spiritual Gifting resource zeroes in on specific tasks and responsibilities.
(The resources can be ordered separately by clicking on the links above or as the Balanced Church Leadership Bundle.)
These articles give examples of how the three types of leaders, working together, bring health and balance in specific areas of church life.