Tools for Developing Personalized Ministry Profiles
What is a Ministry Profile?
A ministry profile, like putting together pieces of a puzzle, combines the parts of your life to form a picture of how you can serve the Lord -- your spiritual gifts, personality, passions, experience, and walk with God.
Why develop a Personalized Ministry Profile?
You will be able to identify your best fit in ministry, where you can serve with maximum effectiveness because of God's empowerment and design in your life.
How is a Ministry Profile Developed?
1) Start by identifying your spiritual gifts and then determine which ministry areas use your gifts.
Tools for Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts:
Help on Determining Ministry Areas:
2) Think through which of those ministry areas address the passions of your heart.
Help for Identifying Your Heart Passions:
- List of Possible Issues, People, or Ministries to Which Your Heart Might be Drawn (This is not an all inclusive list so do not limit yourself to these.)
3) Determine what kinds of tasks within those ministry areas fit your personality.
Tools for Learning More About Your Personality:
Help on Finding Tasks that Fit Your Personality:
4) Consider where God has brought you in your walk with Him and life experiences and how that could help in serving in these ways.
Questions About Where You are in Life:
- What milestones, suffering, loss, or other life experiences have you undergone that could help you in ministry that fits your spiritual gifts, heart passions, and personality?
- What lessons has God taught you about Himself and His ways that could be applied in ministry that fits your spiritual gifts, heart passions, and personality?
- In what areas of your walk with God do you need to grow to better serve in ministry that fits your spiritual gifts, heart passions, and personality?
- What training or past experience do you have in the ministry areas that fit your spiritual gifts, heart passions, and personality?
Training & Resources Available to Go Beyond Where You Have Been:
- Christian Education Ministry
- Leadership Ministry
- Nuts & Bolts Ministry
- Outreach Ministry
- People Helping Ministry
- Prayer Ministry
- Shepherding Ministry
- Staffing Ministry
- Teaching Ministry
- Worship Ministry
The Finding Your Best Fit in Ministry book can help you pull all of this together as you seek to develop your own personalized ministry profile.