Ministry Resources: Pneumatology - Doctrine of the Holy Spirit of God
When we talk about Pneumatology, we're referring to the doctrine, or study, about the person and work of the Holy Spirit. As our Parakletos, the One who comes alongside to assist us in life and ministry, He is our Advocate, Helper, Counselor, Comforter, and Teacher. He develops spiritual fruit within us, spiritually gifts us to serve, and so much more.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources to help you gain a general understanding about this third person of the Trinity, God the Spirit, or to learn how He works on our behalf and in our ministries.
About the Holy Spirit
Who the Holy Spirit Is
- Holy Spirit
- How To Understand The Holy Spirit
- The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- Who Is the Holy Spirit and Why Did He Come?
- Jesus, Continued ...: Why the Spirit Inside You is Better than Jesus Beside You by J.D. Greear
- The Counselor: Straight Talk About the Holy Spirit by A.W. Tozer
- The Holy Spirit by Charles C. Ryrie
- Who is the Holy Spirit? by Malcolm B. Yarnell III
- The Holy Spirit YouTube Video by The Bible Project
The Spirit's Work In and Through Us
- Experiencing the Adventure - Walk in the Spirit
- Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life?
- The Wonderful News of the Spirit-Filled Life
- Who is the Holy Spirit & 10 Supernatural Ways He Empowers You
- Embraced by the Spirit: The Untold Blessings of Intimacy with God by Charles R. Swindoll
- Experiencing the Spirit: The Power of Pentecost Every Day by Henry Blackaby
- Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit by Charles F. Stanley
- Spirit-Controlled Temperament by Tim F. LaHaye
- The New Spirit-Controlled Woman by Beverly LaHaye
- The Spirit-Filled Life: Discover the Joy of Surrendering to the Holy Spirit by Charles F. Stanley
- The Wonderful Spirit-Filled Life by Charles Stanley
In All Areas of Ministry
For Bible Teachers
- Are your Bible Teachers Walking in the Spirit?
- Bible Teaching Requires Reliance on the Holy Spirit
- FAQ about the Holy Spirit & Teaching
- Not Happening Without the Holy Spirit
- Teachers Have an Advocate
- Teachers Have a Prompter
- Teachers Have a Teacher
Books & Other Resources:
- Spirit-Filled Teaching: The Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Ministry by Roy B. Zuck
- The Holy Spirit and My Teaching by Ministry Tools Resource Center
For Church Leaders
- God's Power for Leaders: The Holy Spirit
- Christ-like Boards & Committees Because of the Holy Spirit
- Church Discipline But They Didn't Change
- Collaboration in Church Growth Efforts Possible with Spirit
- Competence, Conviction & Confidence in Church Growth
- Help for Working on Church Budgets
- Involvement of the Holy Spirit in the Assessment Process
- Job Descriptions as Tools of the Holy Spirit?
- Pivotal Role of Holy Spirit in Church Discipline
- Power to Maintain the Proper Focus in Policymaking
- Reactions & Responses in Staff Evaluations
- Record Keeping That's Not Mundane
- Spiritual versus Physical House of Worship
- The Building Isn't Enough
- The Spirit Helps Us Make the Right Decisions, the Right Way
- The Spirit Helps Us Navigate Change
- The Spirit in the Midst of Church Safety?
- The Spirit Provides Guidance and Wisdom in Decision-Making
- Transforming Work of the Spirit, Not the Building
- True Church Growth & Health Reliant on the Holy Spirit
May you be filled with the Spirit so your ministry and the whole of your life exemplifies Christ-likeness in not only your words and deeds but also in the attitudes of your heart.
You Might Also be Interested in These Doctrinal Topics