Resources for Bible Study: Journaling, Memorizing, Reading, Studying
For Devotional Use, Research, Scripture Memorization, Study Groups
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim. 3:16-17) -- Use these resources to help you in our own Bible study and also to encourage others to learn about God through His Word.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources for general information about the Bible or specifically on journaling, memorizing, or studying God's Word. You'll find Bible studt tools and some miscellaneous topics such as using it with different age levels, devotionally, or teaching / preaching it.
Many of the links below will take you to articles on other sites or to one of our affiliate stores. While seeking to choose sites and books that are doctrinally sound the Ministry Tools Resource Center makes no claim to total endorsement of any listing. Links to other sites will open in a new page to allow you to keep the list available to look at additional Bible study resources.
About the Bible
- Bible Reading: Doesn't Make Sense?
- Grasp of the Big Picture of the Bible
- Grasp of the God of the Bible
- How Scripture Thoroughly Equips
- If the Bible is Accurate, Then What?
- If the Bible is from God, Then What?
- If the Bible is God's Word, Then What?
- If the Bible is Sacred, Then What?
- If the Bible is Unique, Then What?
- Truth: Not All Sources are Created Equal
- The Power of God's Word: Because of What It Is
- The Power of God's Word: Because of What It Does
- The Power of God's Word: Because God Is True to It
- The Power of God's Word: Responding to It Only Makes Sense
- You Can Trust the Bible
- Young People's Perception of the Bible
- What You Believe About the Bible Has Implications
- All You Need to Know About the Bible Book Set by Brian H. Edwards
- 7 Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible by Erwin W. Lutzer
- God-Breathed: The Undeniable Power and Reliability of Scripture by Josh McDowell
God-Breathed ... Study Guide by Josh McDowell
- How We Got the Bible by Dr. Timothy Paul Jones
- Why Trust the Bible? by Greg Gilbert
- Looking for a Specific Translation?
KJV NKJV NASB
NIV NLT NRSV
- Looking for a Study Bible?
Life Application Bible
MacArthur Study Bible
Ryrie Study Bible
Scofield Study Bible
More Study Bibles
- Looking for an Audio Bible?
- Looking for a Devotional Bible?
Couple's Devotional Bible
Men's Devotional Bibles
Teen Devotional Bible
Women's Devotional Bible
More Devotional Bibles
- Looking for a Journaling Bible?
More Journaling Bibles
- Looking for a Large Print Bible?
Large Print Bibles
- Looking for a Pew Bible?
- Bible Covers
- Bible Highlighters & Marking Kits
- Bible Magnifiers
- Bible Map Insert
- Bible Tabs
- Book Lights
- Books of the Bible Ruler
- Verse Keeper Book Darts
Adults & the Bible
- Adults Studying the Bible on Their Own
- Adults Studying the Bible: Finding It Useful Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Wanting to Know the Author Helps
- Adults Studying the Bible: Equipping Them Helps
Children & the Bible
- Can Children Really Learn the Bible?
- Tool for Children to Study the Bible
- Model for Children to Study the Bible
- Kids' Bibles
- Discover 4 Yourself, Children's Bible Study Series: How to Study Your Bible, for Kids by Kay Arthur
- Teaching the Bible to Children PowerPoint Presentation Teacher Training Resource
Teens & the Bible
- Teens Study the Bible on Their Own?
- Teens Need the Foundation for Studying the Bible
- Teens Need the Right Motivation to Study the Bible
- Teens Need the Benefits for Studying the Bible
Articles about Bible Journaling
- 7 Easy Steps to Start Bible Journaling
- Beginner Tips for Bible Journaling
- Creative Bible Journaling Techniques
- How to Bible Journal
Bibles For Journaling
Bible Journaling Kits:
- Devotional Kits & Journals
- Bible Journaling Kits by G.T. Luscombe Company, Inc.
- Foundations Bible Journaling Kit
- Illustrated Faith Basics Tool Kit
Books About Journaling
- Complete Guide to Bible Journaling: Creative Techniques to Express Your Faith by Joanne Fink, Regina Yoder
Misc. Resources to Help Your Journal
Tools to Help with Scripture Memorization
- 14 Ways for Adults to Memorize Scripture
- Bible Memory Verses for Teenagers
- Bible Verses for Young Adults
- Grade School Children & Scripture Memory
- Preschoolers & Scripture Memory
- Scripture Memorization: A Personal Testimony
- Scripture Memory: A Powerful Tool
- Scripture Memory Bible Verses for Senior Adults
- Scripture Memory: For All Ages
- Scripture Reminders Middle Aged Adults Need
- Sending Mixed Messages About Scripture Memorization
- 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart by Robert J. Morgan
- App for iPhone & iPod Touch: Bible Memory
- App for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch: Scripture Typer
- App for Android Phone: Remember Me
- App for iPhone and iPad: Remember Me
- Effective Scripture Memorization Worksheet - for teachers training to build positive attitudes toward memorization in the classroom
- Guarding Your Child's Heart by Dr. Gary Smalley
- Memory Cross Scripture Cards
- Navigators' Topical Memory System
- Scripture Memory Made Easy
How To Study & Read the Bible
- Bible Reading: Where to Start?
- Bible Reading: Order of Books to Read?
- Objective: Get Students into the Word on Their Own
- Reading Through the Whole Bible
- Studying Bible Characters: How To Study Bible Characters
- Studying Bible Characters: Which Bible Characters to Study
- Studying Bible Characters: Why Study Bible Characters to Study
- What Happened to Devotion to the Word?
- Devotion to God's Word Makes Sense If . . .
- The Word Hand
- Want to Be More Discerning? - Get Into the Word
- 30 Days to Understanding the Bible by Max E. Anders
- 40 Questions About Interpreting The Bible by Robert L. Plummer
- Grasping God's Word: A Hands-on Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible by J. Scott Duvall, J. Daniel Hays
- Handbook for Personal Bible Study by Dr. William W. Klein
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour by Gordon D. Fee & Douglas Stuart
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon D. Fee & Douglas Stuart
- How to Understand Your Bible by T. Norton Sterrett
- Living by the Book by Howard & William Hendricks
- The New How to Study Your Bible by Kay Arthur
- The New Joy of Discovery by Oletta Wald (also has a Teacher's Guide)
- Transforming Bible Study: Understanding God's Word Like You've Never Read It Before by Bob Grahmann
Bible Study Guides
Bible Research - Study Tools
- Bible Atlas
- Nave's Topical Bible
- Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
- The New Manners and Customs of Bible Times by Ralph Gower
- Vine's Expository Dictionary
- Young's Analytical Concordance
Devotional Use of the Bible
May you find God's Word to be a lamp for your feet and a light on your path (Ps. 119:105). These Bible study and Bible reading resources are helpful tools but there can be no substitute for letting God minister to you directly through His Word.