Whether on an official ministry team or believers working alongside of each other without being termed a ministry team, we all need to learn teamwork and team building if we’re going to do ministry God’s way.
What Ministry Teamwork is About
Ministry teamwork is about following God’s design for the Body of Christ to function interdependently with each member doing his/her part.
- Team Building by Functioning Interdependently
- Interdependence Blocked by Blind Trust
- Interdependence Blocked by Leaders Doing Too Much
- Interdependence Blocked by Leaders with Trust Issues
- Body Life: What is It?
- Connected for a Purpose
- One Verse Says It All
How to Function Interdependently as a Team
For true interdependence, team leaders must serve among, as servants and shepherds, to guide and encourage, not from a position of superiority.
- Responsibilities of Team Leaders
- Shepherding Ministry Venue: Ministry Teams
- Turning Team Leaders into Team Builders
Each and every team member, no matter what their gifts, abilities, or responsibilities, must be seen as valuable so everyone’s participation matters.
For more input on teamwork and team building:
- Church Leadership Skill: Team Building
- Essential Team Building Components
- Doing Church as a Team: The Miracle of Teamwork and How it Transforms Churches by Wayne Cordeiro
- The Power of Team Leadership: Achieving Success Through Shared Responsibility by George Barna
- Sticky Teams by Larry Osborne
- The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork by John C. Maxwell