Effective Prayer Ministry Requires a Passion for Prayer
To have an effective prayer ministry, we need to develop a passion for prayer. To begin, we need to understand what passionate prayer looks like.
What passionate prayer is not:
Passionate prayer is not emotion-driven. Although emotion may be present, passion in prayer is not merely an emotional expression nor does it flow from feelings alone.
Some personalities are more feeling based than others. Because someone doesn't emote in their prayers, it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't passionate.
----- Don't judge people based on their emotional expression.
Passionate prayer is not always impressive. High-sounding spiritual words or rhetoric may not be a part of this kind of prayer.
Someone who doesn't know Christian lingo can still engage in passionate prayer.
----- Don't judge people based on their eloquence or lack thereof.
Note: If people sense that they may be judged in these ways, they will shy away from praying aloud.
What passion for prayer includes:
The Prayer Ministry Manual includes this content plus much more to help you cultivate a passionate and effective prayer ministry.Share This with Others:
For More on what will help you develop and maintain an effective Prayer Ministry:
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Personal Relationship
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Having the Right Purposes for Praying
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires A Passion for Prayer (this post)
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it is a Priority
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires Adherence to Biblical Principles
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires and Results in Power
- Effectiveness in Prayer Requires that it be a Permanent Practice
- Planning Strategies for Effective Corporate Prayer
- Preparing Others to Join Your Prayer Efforts
- Promoting Prayer Ministry Successfully
For More About Praying: Resources for Prayer Ministry