Resources abound to help equip and provide ideas for today’s church and ministry leaders. A variety of avenues exist for leaders to learn how to lead effectively.
- Learn from other churches and ministries’ experiences.
Remember, though, to tailor what you do to the specific needs and resources of your group.
- Learn from books and articles in journals and online.
Remember, though, to filter all that you read through the grid of Scripture.
- Learn from the wise counsel of others.
Remember, though, to always seek God first.
- Learn by trying new ideas to see what works.
Remember, though, to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
- Learn from God Himself by yielding to the work of the Holy Spirit in your life.
Remember, though, that God often does use a variety of means to teach you.
If it lines up with Him and His ways, seek Him further as to whether the idea is right for your church or ministry. If it is not consistent with His being, abandon the idea immediately.
Ministry Tools Resource Center provides a leadership ministry resource page covering a spectrum of issues leaders might face or practices they could implement. Be a more effective leader by learning from these resources but remember: