God stresses the importance of spiritual gifts as evidenced by the amount of space given to this topic in the New Testament. If something matters to God, shouldn’t it also be important to us? If that doesn’t convince you of why you should learn about spiritual gifting, there are some other reasons.
3 Good Reasons to Learn About Spiritual Gifts
- Spiritual gifts are part of God’s design for the growth of the church.
God designed the church to grow as everybody does their part according to Ephesians 4:16. Click below to read more about this verse:
- One Verse Says It All
- God’s Goals for the Church & Plan for Reaching Those Goals
- Connected for a Purpose
- Spiritual gifts are God’s power source for us to do ministry.
When we use the gifts we have been given, God is at work (1 Cor. 12:6). “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. …” (1 Pet. 4:10-11) Click below to read about God’s power needed to effectively serve.
- The Power of God at Work in the Church
- Ministry Empowerment: Serving in the Power of an Almighty God
- Spiritual gifts have pragmatic value.
Needs are met when we serve one another through the use of our spiritual gifts. Effective ministry therefore demands that we understand and use our gifts. Click below to read more about the practical side of everybody doing their part in this way.
- What Happens When We Use Our Spiritual Gifts?
- An Example of If Everybody Did Their Part in VBS
- An Example of How Everybody Can Have a Part in Helping the Homeless
Check Out: Resources to Learn about Spiritual Gifts