Resources for Christian Education Ministry
An effective Christian Education ministry helps believers grow into Christ-likeness. You will find resources on this page to help you do that through various kinds of programs and strategies.
Click on a tab below to view a list of resources related to Christian Education in general or specific related ministry programs.
General Information About Christian Education in the Church
- Best Approach for Your Church's Christian Education Program?
- Christian Education Ministry Overview
- Christian Education: Building or Built?
- Christian Education: Building Programs or People?
- Christian Education Commission
- Christian Education Ministry at Various Levels
- Christian Education Philosophy
- Christian Education Ministry Staffing - Positions Needed
- Christian Education Ministry Staffing - Building a Team
- Factor in Budget, Curriculum, Facilities, Master Calendar, Policies
- Groupings in Christian Education Ministry
- Models for Christian Education Ministry
- Programs/Strategies in Christian Education Ministry
- Questions for Christian Educators
- Christian Education Ministry Manual by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- A Theology for Christian Education James Estep, Michael Anthony, Gregg Allison
- Christian Education: Seeking to Become Like Jesus Christ by Lawrence O. Richards
- Education That Is Christian by Lois LeBar
- Foundations of Ministry An Introduction to Christian Education Michael Anthony
- Introducing Christian Education: Foundations for the Twenty-first Century Ed. by Michael Anthony
- Management Essentials for Christian Ministries edited by Michael J. Anthony & James Estep, Jr.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Christian Education by Delia Halverson
- Christian Education Files - resources include classroom & curriculum evaluation, a ministry description template, policy & safety guidelines, teacher support & evaluation, and teacher training helps
- Christian Education Leadership Team Training Session
- General Helps
- Younger Adults, Including College & Career Ministry (under 'age' tab on that page)
- Middle Aged Adult Ministry (under 'age' tab on that page)
- Senior Adult Ministry - Elderly (under 'age' tab on that page)
- Men's Ministry (under 'gender' tab on that page)
- Single Adult Ministry (under 'marital status' tab on that page)
- Women's Ministry (under 'gender' tab on that page)
General Info about Curriculum
- Blame Curriculum If Teaching Not Going Well?
- Choosing Curriculum
- The Role of Curriculum in Teaching the Bible
Following are Ministries That Are Often a Part of the Strategy for Accomplishing Christian Education Ministry in the Church:
Bible Study Discussion Groups
- Article: Guiding Questions for Group Discussion
- Article: When Small Group Discussions Flop
- Book: Now That's a Good Question: How to Lead Quality Bible Discussions by Terry Powell
- Guides: Discussion Guides Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Guides: Other Bible Study Guides
- Worksheet: In Facilitating a Discussion, Everyone's Contribution is Valuable Worksheet
Christian School or Day Care Program
- Article: Discipleship as a Shepherding Venue
- Article: Whose Responsibility is Discipleship?
- Books & More: General Discipleship Resources
- Training Resources: Teacher's Role in Discipling Students Series
- Article: Church Libraries and Making Disciples
- Article: How to begin or renew a church library
- Article: Policies for your library - developing and revising
- Article: Starting A Church Library
- Resources: Library Cards
- Resources: Library Date Due Slips
- Resources: Library Pockets
- Source for Books: Amazon.com - new or used books
- Source for Books: ChurchSource - new books
- Helping Ministry Training (includes benevolence and counseling ministry helps)
- Leadership Ministry Training
- Outreach Ministry Training
- Prayer Ministry Training
- Service-Oriented (Nuts & Bolts) Ministry Training
- Shepherding Ministry Training
- Teacher Training
- Worship Ministry Training
- Other Ministry Training
New Members Class
- Membership Matters: Insights from Effective Churches on New Member Classes and Assimilation by Charles E. Lawless Jr.
- Cards: Memory Cross Scripture Cards
- Course with Cards: Navigators' Topical Memory System
- More: More Scripture Memory Helps
- Article: Small Groups as a Shepherding Venue
- Article: Small Group Bible Studies Teachers Training
- Book: The Power of Small Groups in Christian Education by Harley Atkinson
- More Books & Small Group Resources
Special Education Program
- Article: How Inclusive Are We?
- Article: Special Needs & Disability Ministry Takes More Than a Program
- Resource: Including Students with Special Challenges Download
- More: Special Needs Books & Resources
- Article: Measuring Effectiveness of Sunday School Ministry
- Article: So, what about Sunday School?
- Article: So, You Were Asked to be the Sunday School Superintendent!
- Article: Sunday School During Summer Months
- Article: Sunday School's Greatest Resource
- More Resources: Sunday School Curriculum, Resources, & Supplies
- In a Teacher Training Rut? - Various Means to Train Bible Teachers
- Online Teacher Training at MinTools.com
- Teacher Training Resources Published by Ministry Tools Resource Center
- Teacher Training Plan Builder at TrainBibleTeachers.com
- Teacher Training Tips
- Train Bible Teachers Blog
Vacation Bible School
- Article: Vacation Bible School Timeline
- Curriculum: Vacation Bible School Curriculum & Theme Supplies
- Resources: VBS Resources (administrative helps, craft & game ideas, follow-up, music, & more)
May God grant you wisdom as you strategize means of promoting spiritual growth. Use these Christian Education Ministry resources but depend on God to bring the growth as you plant and water the seed (1 Cor. 3:6).